Coopers Community

Aargh! Mixed my yeasts up!

JagC

Need your help please guys!

I removed the yeast packs from my Australian Pale Ale & Canadian Blonde kits so I could store 'em in the fridge. Now I can't find the note I made of which is which [roll] [sad]

The barcodes on the packs are identical, but they have different 'laser' codes... one says "12311 INT" and the other simply "04011". I believe the numbers are the date of manufacture and both kits are from the 'International' range so I'm buggered if I know which to use!

This idiot would appreciate any advice [wink]

For future reference here is an explanation of the codes:

Sachets carry a Julian date code and may also carry letters to denote the type of yeast. For example, if they were packaged on the 25th of September 2007 = 268th day of 2007:

Original Series:- Ac (26807)

International Series:-

Australian Pale Ale - Ac+L (26807 Int)

Mexican Cerveza - Ac+L (26807 Int)

European Lager - L (26807 P)

Canadian Blonde - Ac (26807)

English Bitter - Ac (26807)

Thomas Coopers Selection:-

Wheat - A (26807 W)

IPA - Ac (26807 IPA)

Irish Stout - A (26807 IS)

Pilsener - L (26807 P)

Australian Bitter - Ac+L (26807 PS)

Heritage Lager - Ac+L (26807 PS)

Sparkling Ale - Ac+L (26807 PS)

Traditional Draught - Ac+L (26807 PS)

Note:

Ac = Coopers ale yeast (our own strain, not the same as the yeast in our commercial ales, developed in-house and propagated under contract).

A = ale yeast and L = lager yeast (these strains are commercially available dry yeast and their details are held in confidence).

...Or even easier just write on the packs which kit they came from with a marker before you put them in the fridge [cool]

Hi Tony, Bill & Muddy,

Many thanks for your replies.

I had previously seen that info on Coopers yeasts and did indeed try and search for it, but to no avail. It's now book-marked ...just in case [wink]

...Or even easier just write on the packs which kit they came from with a marker before you put them in the fridge

Where's the 'I'm a drongo' smiley? [roll]

Cheers!

Where's the 'I'm a drongo' smiley? [roll]

I used them all up [biggrin]

LMAO! [lol]

'Ere, have you guys gone all 'Aussie rules' on me? ...now I need a confused smiley [unsure]

'Ere' date=' have you guys gone all 'Aussie rules' on me? ...now I need a confused smiley [/quote']

Don't worry, I watched the game and I'm still confused. I think this is how it works:

If you kick the ball between the two middle posts it is a goal.

If you kick it outside those, but between the outside posts, it is a behind.

If Collingwood are kicking and they hit one of the middle posts, the umpire is allowed to ignore it and award a goal.

If you are a spectator, you must forget your whole vocabulary and continually scream out the word "BALL" throughout the entire match.

Other than that I am not really sure of what is happening out there [unsure]

Archived