Coopers Community

Exploding Bottles in the Freezer

The other night the food fridge couldnt keep up with demand, so I goes to the cellar and grabbed 3 bottles and put them in the freezer.. fast forward to 6 am and awoke to a strange sound, the missus gets up to investigate, I shrink down in the doonah knowing full well what it will be..

one of the bottles in the freezer had detonated, peeled right open and made a hell of a mess.

Funny thing is that out of the 3 bottles 2 of which were Coopers Longnecks and 1 VB longneck... guess which one had went BOOM?... Whoopsies... [lol] Hint: it wasnt the coopers botles, in fact, I tranferred the remaining 2 (completely frozen) bottles to the laundry sink but I dont think they even broke the seal!! Oh how I love Coopers Bottles[love]

I would like to know something here, not sure if it's been discussed. Whats with the price variation of a slab of Coopers Stubbies compared to Longnecks? $42 for stubbies and $50 for Tallies... (in Vic) same ammount of Amber Gold...

is it because there is such a poor return rate coz we keep filling our basements with them? Higher manufacturing costs? ???

Yob

I can only guess' date=' but I figure it is marketing. Lets face it, it's rare to go into the grog shop and grab a box of king browns. They probably shift 20 cartons of stubbies to 1 of kings.[/quote']

And here i go thinking they are called long necks [surprised

On the subject of regional varitaions (eg. king brown vs. longneck vs. tallie) my wife unfortunately likes to watch the ever painful soapie Neighbours and I've noticed on many occassions that when in their version of "the pub" they drink from tiny glasses that look like a thimble with a handle. What's up with this? Is it a Melbourne thing? Hardly seems worth the effort [rightful]

Have you been down there Muddy. You ask for a schooner and they don't know what it is.

You get a 7 OZ I think they call it or a Pint. No in between.

And while on this conversation. Some of the yuppy pubs I notice these days don't sell schooners.

They sell this thing called a Schmiddy, if that's how you spell it. Its half way between a middy and a schooner. And then have the hide to charge schooner prices.

Trap for young players.[roll]

On the subject of regional varitaions (eg. king brown vs. longneck vs. tallie) my wife unfortunately likes to watch the ever painful soapie Neighbours and I've noticed on many occassions that when in their version of "the pub" they drink from tiny glasses that look like a thimble with a handle. What's up with this? Is it a Melbourne thing? Hardly seems worth the effort [rightful]

TV bull. 99.9% of beers ordered in Melbourne are either Pots (Middies to you sydneysiders) or Pints (proper british size pints)

There are different names for different sized beer glasses in each state. As young Australians travel more, the differences are decreasing. Most pubs of the 2000s no longer have a glass smaller than 285 ml (10 imp fl oz). Many pubs outside of Victoria now have pints (570 ml or 20 imp fl oz), possibly because of the popularity of themed Irish pubs in Australia, which have always used pints.

Many imported beers will be served in their own branded glasses of various sizes, including 330 millilitres (12 imp fl oz) for many European lagers, and 250 millilitres (9 imp fl oz) for Hoegaarden White.

A request for a "Pot of Gold" may sound like a joke, but in Brisbane it is a valid order of a 285 ml glass of XXXX Gold

6218802604_1f7007252b_b.jpg

Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_in_Australia

Archived