Coopers Community

Coopers English Bitters !

PeterM40

The Coopers English Bitter is a great kit; one of my favourites.

The kit comes with an ale yeast so ferment it at ale temperatures ie. 18-20 degrees is ideal. Up to 22 should be fine.

I haven't tried it with the kit yeast. I brew mine with Safale S-04 which works well.

I agree with Hairy, this kit is one of my favourites. Recomended recipe is good, and if you want more alcohol percentage, just up the amount of malt extract. The kit yeast at around 19C is excellent, it ferments fast and clean, and also clears very quickly in the bottles.

I recently made up the EB kit with 1kg of LDM + 300g dex made to 22L and dry hopped it with 20g of cascade (American hops in an English Bitter!!!sacrilege!!!..[rightful] but it works - just close your eyes and think of England[biggrin]).

Very nice...to further my blasphemy I also used US-05 [lol]

Hay Muddy I to love to brew the English Bitter as an APA. Its so much better especially when dry hoped with one of the "C" varieties and a US05 yeast to make it all happen. I have one now fermenting with the Nelson Sauvin hops, smells great out of the airlock. The other great thing about changing the style is you get to drink it icy cold[biggrin]

Archived