Coopers Community

Woolworths Liquor Sale

Hairy

Yeah, maybe, could be I'm just an old fart looking for something to complain about.

Next time I'll either not drink or have a beer elsewhere before the show.

If there's a Coopers stand I'll just try to ignore it; like most other punters did - regardless of what others say, I can say that my observation was that punters were avoiding the Coopers stand like nothing I've seen before, as they could all see it was a rip off.

Maybe you're right Kesley, maybe it was the venue, or the marketing co or whatever that was greedy, I still maintain it's not a good look for Coopers though, and I'd say the same of anyone setting up a promo stand and overcharging for their products.

Perception means a lot in marketing, and if you're not projecting the image the customers like, you're losing the customers.

Of course I'm just a mug punter, so what would I know?[roll]

That's what me and my friend did before the Aerosmith show last month. We had a few beers at her place and then one on the way at central train station. The prices at that venue are ridiculous, it's like 10 bucks a beer or something. It doesn't turn me off Coopers though because I know it's the venue that's responsible for that. Though half the reason we drank beforehand is so we didn't have to keep leaving the show to get drinks. Not what you want to do when you're front row.[lol]

But yeah, I suppose some people may be turned off a brand due to its pricing at some sort of event or venue, if it appears that a stand is run by whatever the brand is.

But look on the bright side, high retail beer prices just give you even more reason to brew your own at home, and more than likely enjoy better beers than a lot available on the market.[biggrin]

At public events, the prices charged by stall vendors are often set by the event organizers. The organizers charge a big rent and skim half the profits, too. Buy a 250ml mineral water at an airport bar. FAC end up with $10 of the $12 sale price! (It's not too much of an exaggeration.)

Regarding exotic beers. Try a bottle of Tim Taylor's Landlord Pale Ale. My local DM have been selling them off for half price ($3.80) as they near expiry. It really shows off English hop aroma and flavour better than any other pommy brew I've tried. The sulphur "snatch" is just perceptible.

Regarding exotic beers. Try a bottle of Tim Taylor's Landlord Pale Ale. My local DM have been selling them off for half price ($3.80) as they near expiry. It really shows off English hop aroma and flavour better than any other pommy brew I've tried. The sulphur "snatch" is just perceptible.

The Landlord is one of my favourite beers except my local Dan's are still selling them for $8.

Expensive beer sucks, but you can hardly blame Coopers or expect them to have much control over pricing at events.

I have been thinking of going to Slowbeer or The Local Taphouse to try all the beers on tap. When I saw the pricing per pot avg of $10 and up to $17, it killed any desire to bother.

Archived