Coopers Community

True Aussie Bitter

Raider

Hi Guys,

Have been reading this forum since I got my homebrew goodies for christmas and have been learning plenty. I am up to my 7th brew and so far they have turned out pretty well. I am still doing just the basics but the beer is very drinkable, maybe a little too drinkable!

Anyway I have had a True Aussie Bitter going for just over 3 weeks now and the last 2 readings I have taken on days 14 and 22 have been 1014. Do you think that is too high to bottle? I am just worried about leaving it in for too much longer.

Thanks for your help.

hi

just cracked open first bottle of my aussie bitter - very nice drop - bottled at 1014

Cheers[lol]

When did you bottle Scott?

I tried one last night that was bottled on 21/7/11 - it was ok but I was a little disappointed with the head as I used 9gms/lt dextrose and was expecting a gusher - but not so. Does not hold the head toward bottom of the glass. Unfortunately they have been stored in my cellar brewery at 16\xb0C since bottling and I wonder if that lower temperature is affecting the carbonation a bit. At least they are not exploding.

I wouldnt expect them to explode but definately carbed up.

Give them another couple of weeks and they will be a completely differant beer. They have only been in the bottle 2 weeks and when the temperature isnt warm enough to carb it quickly it will need longer.

It should get ther over time as long as it doesn't drop too low. It is always a good idea to store them soemwhere warmer for the first 2-3 weeks in winter (Living area or kitchen cupboards works for me).

Wish I could Muddy but we have an unwritten law here that my brewery stays in the cellar and no where else. I must build a bottle conditioning cabinet down there out of old styrene foam and put a controller on it when my replacement comes.

Archived