Coopers Community

Bar

Matty A

Hi guys,

Just thought I would let you all know that I am now an owner of my very own bar.

In the near future I plan on adding some taps and a fridge underneath it and having it setup nicely. Picked it up from a mate that was moving and it only cost me $70.

Cant wait to get it finished, kegs and all.

Congratulations on the bar Matty.

I don't think I will ever get the Boss' permission to set up a bar. But I'm slowly convincing her into setting a kegging system.

It is still some time away though[crying]

Perhaps if I make her wash my bottles and bottle the beer it might speed up the process.[biggrin]

Thanks guys.

It was the SWMBO that found it and said I should spoil myself everynow and then.

I will take some pics later on and let you have a look. Now just to convince her about the kegging system.

Since I got the bar, I have had to move the car out infront of the garage, since I live in a shoebox I couldn't put it anywhere. Now the only things in my shed is the bar, my motorbike and now enough space for a brewing fridge [love]

Moving that car out was probably the best thing that could have happened.

Priorities mate..... Awesome!

Sounds like my sorta garage, "motorbike:, "Bar", "Brew Fridge"

Good work on the 'Man Cave'!

How about a floor to ceiling pole too?[biggrin] (hmmm, that'd get me in trouble)

It was the SWMBO that found it and said I should spoil myself everynow and then.

I will take some pics later on and let you have a look. Now just to convince her about the kegging system.

This reminded me of a conversation I had with my wife last night. I mentioned again that I'd like to move to kegging one of these days. She said that if I want to I should go for it [happy] ...but a few more minutes of conversation and it became clear that she seemed to think that buying a chest freezer for a few hundred bucks was all I needed [pouty] . I mentioned all the other stuff I'd need and...well...lets just say that the deal is on the backburner now [pinched]

[crying]

Congrats on your bar purchase Matty and now the conversion of the shed. My garage is currently housing a bike as well. Also 1 freezer for food and my new project, soon to be a Keezer with 8 kegs. My "bar"ish cupboards/sink bench and other brewing things are in the rumpus.

Mate, you wont look back once you get some kegs and a fridge sorted. What do you ride Matty?...

I'll bring some meat for the barbie![cool]

How about a floor the ceiling pole too? (hmmm, that'd get me in trouble)[/

I have the beer, sounds good. I am pretty sure I would be shot if there was a pole that ended up in there. Although in saying that she doesnt open that door ever, so I might get away with it [bandit]

What do you ride Matty?...

I have myself a Ninja, much to the discust of the household. But I am looking forward to converting the garage to a man cave.

lets just say that the deal is on the backburner now

I havent told her about the total costs as of yet. I will wait till the project has started and mention them as unexpected costs.

I havent told her about the total costs as of yet. I will wait till the project has started and mention them as unexpected costs.

Ahhh yes, I often incur those "unexpected" costs............. works for me[innocent]

All projects have unplanned variances.

Thanks Matty, I think I have been too up-front with my cost discussions. I'll need to work on that.

The easiest way to get around costs is just to buy it first. Then take the heat afterwards with a deaf ear..... it is easier to get into trouble for what is already purchased than what it is to try convince her you want it. You already have it then and 9 times out of 10 you get to keep it. Just be in the doghouse for a night or so, just make sure it is that time of the month so you're then only missing out on something you most likely won't get anyway.... ahhhh the price of beer :) [bandit]

What do you ride Matty?...

I have myself a Ninja, much to the discust of the household. But I am looking forward to converting the garage to a man cave.

I don't know about the Komeansucme, whoops, I mean the Kawasaki... I'm partial to my R1 [joyful]

If I was to buy another bike I think I would be getting the Honda Fireblade GO STONER. No reason why, just like them but yes those R1s are a machine and a half. I have a mate with one but I can get around the track faster with the Ninja [ninja]

Archived