Coopers Community

Good Saturday!!!

Muddy Waters

Depending on your take on the various fairy tales surrounding this Easter long weekend you may have had a good Friday yesterday but I can say for certain that my taste buds had a great Saturday!

I haven't had a beer for 2 months but am currently enjoying a pint of "Brown Eyed Girl" poured from a 5L keg that I grabbed from Ross, Anthony and the boys from Craftbrewer while up in Bris Vegas. A fine American style Brown ale [love]

Among others, I sampled their White Chocolate Pilsener while there and it was AMAZING!!! I hate white chocolate and aren't a huge pilsener fan but this beer was amazing.

I've also been partaking in my BIL's dubbel which, along with posting from an iPhone, may have added an extra element of jibberish to my post...[biggrin] ...apologies.

White chocolate Pilsener sounds like a good Easter beer. Do you know how they make it?

No idea Hairy. Ross wasn't giving away much.

Me: "Wow! That tastes amazing. What's in it?" [innocent]

Ross at craftbrewer: "White Chocolate." (Followed by a devilish grin) [devil]

Two months without BEER!?Crying I'm glad you made it through that rough patch

It was actually pretty easy. I don't feel any better or worse for it though. My beer stocks fared well with a bit of extra ageing.

Celebrating the rising of the dead with beer and candy!

Happy Halloween

oh wait...

The rising of the dead is always best celebrated with a beer followed by a swift decapitation. Zombie 101 [rightful]

Wow Muddy, solid effort, I couldn't do it I'm lucky to go a day. White Chocolate Pilsener sounds interesting.

We just had a new craft brewery open just a couple of kilometres from home. Its called the Six String Brewery and let me tell you, they have put a cracking IPA together. Chris the Master Brewer is happy to pass on his knowledge, and help out a novice AG brewer like myself.

Any major reason for the beer fast?

Not really, my sister suggested a dry February so I joined her in that. It was a short month so it was pretty easy. I have been laid up with multiple fractures in one of my big toes so I thought that as I wouldn't be getting any exercise I should stay of the piss an extra month until I was active again. I'm starting to move a bit better now so I am off the wagon.

But you could still sit on the lounge doing bicep curls; working on your guns.

Train it up for cranking your mill (I meant that literally and not a euphemism for something else) [innocent]

Archived