Coopers Community

Chocolate Stout

JackB4

Gday,

Interested in making a Chocolate as per the recipe on the website http://www.coopers.com.au/the-brewers-guild/how-to-brew/featured-recipes/choc-liqueur-stout.

I went into my local brew shop to get ingredients but he wasn't to sure about what to get in regards to the chocolate malt. Has any one made this or have an example of what I should buy?

Cheers,

Jack

Thanks guys much appreciated' date=' yeah I live in a small town so there is one brew shop so choice is a bit limited :-p.[/quote']

Craftbrewer is an excellent place to shop. They will post and have good prices to make it worth while. They also have a DOTM (Deal Of The Moment) which is often a great bargain to be had there. They have great customer service and will help you with whatever questions you may have.

Basically don't think that you are confined to the one local shop. Just need to think outside the square [lol]

I am not affiliated with them etc. just think they offer a great service.

I'm in NSW but I use Craftbrewer all the time. I am hard pressed to think of any other business or service provider that offer the quality of service that they do. They will go out of their way to assist pre or post purchase...or even if you don't purchase.

I'm in NSW but I use Craftbrewer all the time. I am hard pressed to think of any other business or service provider that offer the quality of service that they do. They will go out of their way to assist pre or post purchase...or even if you don't purchase.

I'm in Tassie and I agree totally, they are actually my no.1 supplier.

Talking about Craftbrew, I also buy from them, now a 5kg pack from them to Sydney costs $8 a 5kg pack from Coopers to Sydney cost I think $36. From Coopers the distance is about 1/3 more yet the freight is 4 times the cost. Why is it so? If Julius Sumner Miller was still around he would know, nobody else does.

I too am a member of the Craftbrewer appreciation society.

I've never had a problem with them and they have always been well priced with a speedy delivery.

I'm still in shock that a LHBS did not know what chocolate malt was (not really, I'm exagerating a bit there).

Archived