Coopers Community

Inserting images into a post?

Hoptimus Maximus

I have no idea so I would also like to know.

I still haven't worked out how to get the "JohnM27 wrote:" phrase to show up when I quote. See:

Have not worked out the process of how to insert an image. I am techno-challenged.

When I click on insert image button it drops a couple of img markers into the text. What is the next step?

I wouldn't call myself techno-challenged. But everyone else probably would[innocent]

I still haven't worked out how to get the "JohnM27 wrote:"

Above there post there is a quote button. or if you are in the editor and hit the quote button just make the opening tag say quote=JohnM27 in the middle of the square brackets. For eg: [ quote=JohnM27 ] just remember to remove the space.

a sick flask... did you make the stir plate or is that a purchased one?

Made it from old computer junk and a potentiometer I had laying around in the shed. Plenty of info on DIY stirrers. I only had to buy the box which cost about $4. It uses an old cooling fan and Magnets(smash open an old hard drive and there are 2 rare earth magnets) from a PC. Works a treat.

My other little toy is the temperature controller sitting on top of the fermenter. Cost $28 to make and I use it for controlling the fridge or heat belt. Makes temp control a breeze. I bunged a second digital thermometer in the box so I could get a second opinion. They only cost a couple of bucks on eBay from China

I know...you guys are in a technically civilized part of the world.

Would be nice if we were standardized on 220 here, transmission would be cheaper.

You live in high density areas and generally not transmitting far at lower voltages. There are a lot less domestic fatalities per 1000 with 110v vs 240v. I wish we had 110v frankly. What we save on copper we spend on insulation[crying]

Would be nice if we were standardized on 220 here, transmission would be cheaper.

Next on the list would be going metric and driving on the right side of the road (The right side being the left). Don't get started on the American style of writing dates [pinched] ...[biggrin]

There are a lot less domestic fatalities per 1000 with 110v vs 240v.

I don't agree, whether you have 110v or 240v the results are the same

Dead17.gif

Anyone who has had the misfortune to feel both 110v and 240v will tell you which they would choose for a second feel.

I worked for 45 years in electrical engineering and many years ago was across electrical safety reports comparing domestic electrocutions in the US to Australia and the UK. The US figures were significantly better. Almost certainly there were other reasons besides the voltage but that was the raw statistic. I suspect on a per head basis there is a greater distance of wiring running around domestic installations in Australia. The reports I saw were many years ago and the widespread use of ELCBs today have added greatly improved protection to consumers.

You live in high density areas and generally not transmitting far at lower voltages. There are a lot less domestic fatalities per 1000 with 110v vs 240v. I wish we had 110v frankly. What we save on copper we spend on insulation[crying]

Unless my memory of year 12 physics is wrong, amperage is the killer, not voltage. 110 vs 220/240 shouldn't make any difference at all.

Unless my memory of year 12 physics is wrong, amperage is the killer, not voltage. 110 vs 220/240 shouldn't make any difference at all.

Yes it is the milliamps that do the damage but how much current flows through the human body like any other body depends on resistance and pressure. Your body has a resistance to the flow of electrons (which is affected by how many pale ales you have consumed)so the more pressure (voltage) the more current flow. Higher voltages result in higher current flow for a given resistance. The higher the voltage the greater the current flow the quicker you fry.

Archived