Coopers Community

Gage Roads Brewery

ExpatSthAussie

From time to time I see some special brews appear at the local from WA Brewery 'Gage Roads' http://www.gageroadsbrewing.com/

Great IPA and English Bitter. Might give their "Convict" Australian strong ale a try, at 7.2% def not a sesh beer, also see that they have a Pumpkin ale (curious)[unsure] .

Website has some info on their hopping techniques etc.

Be glad to hear if anyone else has sampled these.

Cheers AdamN.

Hey Adam. I love the Sleeping Giant EIPA (probably the only time I buy something that's not an AIPA![lol])

I found their Atomic Pale Ale to be VERY lacking compared to what I'm used to. Very little in the way of hop flavour/aroma. Maybe I tried it on a bad day?

Thanks Phil, I haven't tried the Atomic might give it a swerve..[cool] I'm interested in the Wahoo & the Pumpkin ale. At 6 or 7 bucks for a 640ml bot, I don't mind grabbing one or two just to savour some different flavours..I'll come back to you on the Pumpkin.[biggrin]

Cheers.

Thanks Phil' date=' I haven't tried the Atomic might give it a swerve..[cool'] I'm interested in the Wahoo & the Pumpkin ale. At 6 or 7 bucks for a 640ml bot, I don't mind grabbing one or two just to savour some different flavours..I'll come back to you on the Pumpkin.[biggrin]

Cheers.

Agree with the price mate. And you get a decent, heavy reusable bottle every time you drink![cool]

I'm not a massive fan of their beers but I do like the sleeping giant. The pumpkin ale and atomic pale aren't awful but are nothing special. The English Bitter they released was bland and watery and I didn't like the Wahoo at all.

However the Convict strong ale is their best beer by a long, long way. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Definitely get stuck into that one.

I had to duck down to the shops so I called into the bottlo and saw the Convict for $7. I couldn't resist.

The bottle label states:

IBU - 80

EBC - 20

ABV - 7.2%

Malt: ale, amber, wheat, Vienna, crystal, roast

Kettle hops: topaz, stella, summer, galaxy

Dry hops: Stella, summer, galaxy

Very nice [love]

• 3 weeks later...
I had to duck down to the shops so I called into the bottlo and saw the Convict for $7. I couldn't resist.

The bottle label states:

IBU - 80

EBC - 20

ABV - 7.2%

Malt: ale, amber, wheat, Vienna, crystal, roast

Kettle hops: topaz, stella, summer, galaxy

Dry hops: Stella, summer, galaxy

Very nice [love]

I guess I am getting that and some Sleeping Giant this week.

I have also tried the Atomic Pale Ale - I found it quite bland. I tried it in the same session as Murray's Whale Ale and that is much nicer. Very subtle.

Archived