Coopers Community

how much honey to use in a wheat beer

BakersAle

I've had a look at a few recipes and have seen about 500g on average. Could try orange blossom, would give a nice citrus fragrance to it. I wouldn't use red gum or something like that as the eucalyptus might just make the beer taste like medicine(a little bit).

Hope that helps.

Depends on how much and when you add the honey as to how much honey flavor you will have. Honey is fully fermentable, therefore, the earlier the honey is added the more the honey will be fermented. This obviously also depends how much is added.

I recently read where Chad adds his honey after a few days in the fermenter which will give more flavor.

I suggest to start at 400g-500g and experiment with what you like best after that.

I am not the Chad you're looking for.[bandit]

I often put honey in my brews I think it make a great tasting beer and is an easy way to make something unique/different[happy] . I've always used about 500. Ii think it is good to balance the brew with plenty of malt(1kg or more).

I've always put it in the boil first thing.[pinched] It seems to create alot of scum in the boil that i think is good to get rid of.

Chad

im not looking for chad just wanted to know what usage best yeast to use and what type hop be used

[innocent] Yeah I know Allan - I just made the comment in responce to Bill & Chad's posts. I'm not a honey user and I don't make a lot of wheat beers so I can't offer any suggestions.

What kind of style are you aiming for?

i dont know if im after a style of beer, i enjoy my little hobby and making the beer. I heard honey is good in wheat beer and thought i give it ago if you got good recipe for me to try instead wheat beer. Im just stocking up for summer got a euro lager and a pilsner bottled ready for summer. i just got enuough bottles for 2 more brews

How does Czech Pilsner compare to Earl Grey?? [cool]

...sorry, just had a funny thought reading that & a quick mental image of Nigella Lawson doing an add for beer instead of Twinings tea [innocent]

...I'll go now...

Archived