Coopers Community

Swillers

weggl

Swillers, there is a reason I believe why breweries make swillers and that is because they can be consumed in large amounts without offending the palate. I am not saying that they are not offending in the first instant but rather they do not leave lingering after taste when compared with say Fat Yak. Fat Yak is a good beer but I don\u2019t believe one could consume say 8 schooners; the heavy hops in the Yak would prevent this. So if you want to have large amount beer consumed by your customers then keep the hop\u2019s taste low.

I don't really agree - I would consider a Fat Yak to be a swiller for sure. I consider the hopping in a Fat Yak to me quite mild.

Something like a stout or a dark beer would be more of a one or two deal for me.

Agreed, though last summer I did get wasted on Best Extra Stout one night, good times!

Hrrrmmm to be honest, Fat Yak maybe a bad example. Unless I am different (some people say I am) I actually put down 10 stubbies of the Yak last Thursday night. However, admittingly after about the first 6 I thought the rest was just a waste of money as I could have drank almost anything then.

I do like Fat Yak though.

[biggrin] Well that has settled this argument!

Unless our taste is not indicative of the general population.

To me Fat Yak is a swiller.

I find it isn't the hop flavour or aroma that prevents a beer being a swiller. It is more the bitterness or the roasted/burnt flavours.

And sometimes it is just my mood. At times I could have a session on dark beers and other times I have one and thats enough.

I guess I am just moody; but I like to say I'm enigmatic.[innocent]

Well, look at the responce! I only had one FAT but thought the Cascade a little overpowering. Maybe i'm a commercial drinker after all. Maybe i need to go for hop indoctrination. Are there any pills i could take to lift me to the obvious level where i need to be?

Weggl

Archived