Coopers Community

Usine Molasses

I am looking out doing The Extra Smooth Bitter tonight but have a question about the Molasses.

Is it ok just to use Molasses bought from the supermarket?

I have Treacle at home, can this be used as a substitute and if so how much considering the recipe asks for 200g Molasses?

Thanks

Edit: typos everywhere in this sorry. I had to post quick and somehow had 100 fingers instead of 8.

Organic? I think that means carbon based.

Weggl my happy Clumsy friend!!! Finally someone that understands the REAL meaning of organic!!!!!!! I have taught myself to ignore the "Organic" reveloution on pricipal!!!

there are plenty of words in the English language which have more than one meaning. I think you guys know what "Organic grown tomatoes" actually mean, i.e. the fact that no chemical was used in the growing of the tomato, not that there is no carbon in there!

well as it turns out the supermarket only sold one brand of Molasses. It doesn't say if it is organic or not and I checked their website too. Given that the brand is BEERenberg I thought I would give it a go [alien]

• 2 weeks later...

Well I made the Extra Smooth Bitter and kegged it last weekend, tried it last night and I must admitt, I wasn't really impressed with it [sad]

It doesn't really have a head and I don't really know what, but I just was not that happy with it. I was expecting a cracker of a drink but am disappointed.

Having said that, I did have a few Sparkling Ales under the belt by then so I'll try another when I knock off tonight.

Failing that then maybe a bit of time to mature will help. I'll have to wait and see.

Archived