Coopers Community

Chicken Tales

LazyDave

My mate was struggling to wash his barrel after a brew, so I told him the story of when my 'beer drinking chicken' taught me a trick.

Young chick used to come in the bar and have a sup, she was addicted to beer or the yeast, and when I put boiling water in my FV to wash it, she would threaten to jump in the barrel chasing some yeast.

So I decided to put a towel over the FV just in case, and subsequently found out that washing the FV was a breeze because the towel had helped trap the steam, which made for an all round better clean.

So that was the day a chicken taught me something lol.

Made me wonder, has anyone else got similar strange tales of how they discovered something useful?

This is not about chickens but rather a kockato. About 55 years ago (when I was a young bloke) I was an apprentice electrician and the boss and the other electrician stopped for a beer at a pub on the Sydney side of Tom Uglies bridge (St George area) they took me in an gave me a lemonade. There was a cockatoo with about 2 feathers in its tail that was walking up and down along the bar, drinking the spillage and being given a drink by some of the patrons. Well this bird that would occasionally fall of the bar, some would pick it up and put it back and it was a pretty good talker. It had a couple of pet sayings one was \u201cStella there breaking the f******* glassed again\u201d and the other was, \u201cif I had another f****** feather I would fly\u201d. Quite a funny thing to see.

Weggl

Yes, this is only for the first clean after bottling, sometimes the scum ring is stuck fast, but boiling water and a towel thrown over for 20mins, and it just wipes off.

We did a video of our beer drinking chicken - it was a worlds first lol, we found no others on U-tube http://www.youtube.com/user/stickcattycat#p/a/u/1/dGPfkEfShCI

• 2 months later...

Archived