Coopers Community

What commercial beer would you like to see Coopers make next!?

AussieJosh

Yes I'd love to see a super hoppy brew and I guess if we can get more people to like the idea of the forum then they just might think about make it for us :)

It's could be called 'The Orders Brew'

i agree with Muddy Waters. I've tried the Little Creaturs Pale Ale. Very nice. found i couldn't have too much as it got heavy after a few but i really think that Coopers could make one to rival it.

I've tried the Little Creaturs Pale Ale. Very nice. found i couldn't have too much as it got heavy after a few but i really think that Coopers could make one to rival it.

[lol] Well I grew up on Coopers Sparkling Ale so Little Creatures Pale Ale is a session beer in my books [biggrin]

I remember Sparkling Ale how it used to be, from Leabrook. The flavour has never been as heady and complex as it was then - although this is for all the right reasons (cleanliness being paramount).

I would like a subtle fruit beer to be added to the mix - not a "cherry ale" or anything commercially corny, but something with some fruity undertones caused from the sugars and fermentation process itself. Something strong, up in the area of Vintage Ale... that would be what I would like to consume.

I would love to see an American pale ale with cascade & amarillo hops.

Or Galaxy Hops. [love] They're a favourite of mine at the moment.

Or perhaps some single batch brews sold in pint sized bottles like Little Creatures do.

Too many craft breweries in Australia are going the the way of the American ones - big on the hops, especially late addition hops. Quite often drowning the characteristics of the malts.

We have enough of the American Pale Ale being brewed in Australia.

I would like to see the Coopers Brewers work their art into something like a Belgian Strong Ale.

Seriously, I want to know why there is no Coopers Best Bitter !!!

I disagree, I think an offering along the lines of an American Pale Ale from our dear Coopers would be a great thing. I love English and European beers but it has all been done before for too long. I don't credit America as offering much to the world stage but they do make some great Pale Ales.

Reminds me of a joke I read recently.

Why is American beer served cold? So they can tell it from urine.

It's a bit harsh but funny. I like the American Pale Ale style but haven't tried too many from the US.

I found a pub in Sydney selling Sierra Nevada Pale Ale recently. It was a very nice drop, even though the squillion dollars I paid for it left a bitter taste in my mouth.

So after you have seen your bank manager and obtained a small mortgage, i recommend giving it a go.

I don't credit America as offering much to the world stage...

In beer or in everything? [devil]

Dont forget Californian Common, esp Anchor Steam Beer [love]

The Sierra Nevada is credited with popularising the style. Fat Yak is my fave Aussie one (must be the Nelson Sauvin hops).

You have to credit them with the emergence of many of the newly evolved styles and hybrids, new hop strains etc ...

A hoppy (flavour/aroma) American Pale/Amber Ale is great. [love]

However, there is a trend to rethink every style with the addition of a barrow full of aromatic hops. When I feel like a Brown Ale I am looking for the malt, not to be slapped in the face with a bouquet of flowers nor drowned in a vat of lemon juice.[crying]

There are so many examples of the style being brewed in Australia, there is room for something else.

The range of Brown Ales in Australia, for example, is abysmal. The best is Tooheys Old! It is mentioned in Michael Jackson's book, "World of Beers".

I know Coopers could improve on it...

I don't credit America as offering much to the world stage...

In beer or in everything? [devil]

No, I meant other than in beer...In beer they have much to offer. I believe they have opened a new and exciting world of hops and craft beers. I mentioned Pale Ales but really mean ales in general (and perhaps lager - don't know really).

• 2 weeks later...

I think there could be a place for a nice dark ale. I don't think Tooheys old really cuts the mustard when compared with say a Lord Nelson Admiral or Newcastle Brown ale. I'd love to have a Coopers Brown Ale.

I personally love American Pale ales, just cracked my first beer of the one i made. Lots of cascade and amarillo flavours.

There are a few around, but am sure Coopers could market a good apa.

An American pale ale style is long overdue for sale in Australia were the price is reasonable, no more than the normal Coopers range. The colour dosn't have to be copper to brown it could be just pale or golden in its colour with a mild body. Nothing to heavey, just what I call a little chewy. All the beer really needs to be is Coopers Aussie PA with Cascade or Amorillo or even any of the other "C" hops from the U.S. This has always been a popular homebrew :(Coopers APA,BE2,Cascade Hops & US05 yeast) A home brew kit of a U.S pale would be a good thing to replace the English Bitter kit that I keep on brewing with U.S hops to give it some much needed flavour. But the style I think that would be right for Australian tastes is the lighter style of the style.

Coopers Dark anyone,

Coop's have both pale and dark ale the little miss and I love 'em both. We think the smallest of flavour to these two would do the job. single batch brewing one off sort of thing ya anyone!OH put it in a pint bottle!

• 2 months later...

Jeez, i reckon Coopers have more than enough styles of beer, and there isn't a bad one amongst them,even though im not always in the mood for a Stout,it's gr8.

I to grew up on the Sparkling Ale,(it's truely the nectar of the God's,,,imo).

I was born in Czechoslovakia, and my mum feed me on Pilsner styled beers, which i enjoy.

The Fat Yak is a interesting brew, with a citrus aftertaste. I remember one other beer i tried at The Brewery in Wollongong which had a similar flavour. Might have been called the Longboard.

The Vintage ale has a complex palate, which i enjoy more and more as it ages.

NewtownClown mentioned a Belgian strong ale, and i recall how distinctive they are. The Hoegarden example is fantastic but the price is prohibitive. So i would give my vote to this style, but wonder how commercialy viable it would be.

I loved drinking in Europe, espcially in Prague, even though the beer was relativly warm, it allowed some of the flavours to be more available to the palate. And there are times i find my Red has gone a bit warm and flat, (sacreligious we are told) but it goes down a treat.

CHEERS TO MORE BEERS. Lu.[biggrin]

• 4 weeks later...

Archived