Coopers Community

Coopers Genuine Draught - May 2023 Recipe of the Month

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

Has anyone tried this? How did it go?

Thinking about putting it down in a few days

Mine has been in the fermenter since Sunday, so 2 days.  No obvious fermentation activity until this morning.  Only dropped a few gravity points, but on its way.  Fermenting at 12°C.  I did add 500g of Pale Malt grains for a mini-mash to slightly up the ABV.

14 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Mine has been in the fermenter since Sunday, so 2 days.  No obvious fermentation activity until this morning.  Only dropped a few gravity points, but on its way.  Fermenting at 12°C.  I did add 500g of Pale Malt grains for a mini-mash to slightly up the ABV.

Thanks mate I reckon it will be a good beer

While your there have you done the Cali IPA? That looks good as well

7 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

I did the Cali IPA. The hop flavor is quite mellow but it turned out really well. loved it. Still have two bottles left to share with a friend.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

Hey BB, I did not do the Cali IPA.  The recipe sounds alright and BF liked it.  Too many recipes and too little time.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

Cali Coast IPA, tasting as good as it looks. 2 1/2 months in the bottle, bitter and passion fruity. It’s really good and once again patience is worth it

IMG_7056.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Aussie_Bewgz said:

newbie question guys, regarding hops, looking for the hops for this recipe and don't want to buy from another site and incur shipping on just those hops, can i substitute them with and from Coopers?? thanks in advance  

Yes you can change the hops. I can't see the recipe right now but if the hops are being used for flavouring the flavour will change. If they're for bittering you can make adjustments to get the same IBU.

9 hours ago, Aussie_Bewgz said:

newbie question guys, regarding hops, looking for the hops for this recipe and don't want to buy from another site and incur shipping on just those hops, can i substitute them with and from Coopers?? thanks in advance  

The hops available from the Coopers On-line store are mostly good for dry hopping and aroma additions.  Hallertauer, the hop addition in the Coopers Genuine Draught, is mostly a bittering hop.  Of the Coopers hops, you could use Cascade, but reduce the boil time in the recipe by about 40%.  Cascade will give you a slightly more citrusy brew than Hallertauer, but I am sure the brew would still be good.

• Like 2