Coopers Community

Split sample flask

Ecelon

Hey lads and lad-ees. First post.

I bought a 23 Litre Brew Kit yesterday from Big W. I pulled it out today as I'm going to try it for the 1st time a little later today. As I was checking over everything, I noticed a small split in the sample flask. My question is will this be an issue, or can I leave it be?

I was going to use super glue to fix it but I don't want contaminate the sanitation phase.  I could also just flip the top and bottom though.

Thanks in advance

Damien

20230326_083640.jpg

35 minutes ago, Ecelon said:

Hey lads and lad-ees. First post.

I bought a 23 Litre Brew Kit yesterday from Big W. I pulled it out today as I'm going to try it for the 1st time a little later today. As I was checking over everything, I noticed a small split in the sample flask. My question is will this be an issue, or can I leave it be?

I was going to use super glue to fix it but I don't want contaminate the sanitation phase.  I could also just flip the top and bottom though.

Thanks in advance

Damien

20230326_083640.jpg

Hi @Ecelon

Welcome to the forum, first thing I would do is take the item & the photo to the Big W you bought it from, they should replace it.

If not @Coopers DIY Beer Team Frank should be able to help with this.

Cheers Phil

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hi @Ecelon

Welcome to the forum, first thing I would do is take the item & the photo to the Big W you bought it from, they should replace it.

If not @Coopers DIY Beer Team Frank should be able to help with this.

Cheers Phil

You could glue it up & test for leaks with water, if it works there would be no harm filling it with wort (your brew) to get you going today for your first brew as it is not coming into contact with your beer.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ecelon said:

You can turn the tube around the other way so the split is on the top end and go ahead and use it, but if you email me with your name and address I'll send another one to you: 

customerservice@coopers.com.au 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

You can turn the tube around the other way so the split is on the top end and go ahead and use it, but if you email me with your name and address I'll send another one to you: 

customerservice@coopers.com.au 

Genius Frank, I should have thought of that, excellent customer service as usual. 🏆

• Like 1