Coopers Community

Glad Wrap Brigade

weggl

Muddy I\u2019ve decided to join you in the quest of \u201cair lock free fermenting\u201d.

I\u2019m about to do an IPA in a Coopers 25L fermenter that is a bugger to seal.

Does the IPA foam much like stout ? Should I fill to only say 18L for the first few days? Then add water?

Would appreciate comments. Thanks fellas.

Warren

I would think that it would be fine and the beauty with glad wrap is that if it makes it filthy then you can just put another bit over the top while it's still fermenting and it is all nice and clean and there isn't much chance for infection.

I have also noticed that if you have an old style fermenter you can actually see into it quite easily.

Somehow I missed this thread Warren (dodgy bloody forum grumble, grumble [crying] ).

Glad you've joined the enlightened Warren (Can I get a hallelujah my brothers?). Another saved soul

[ninja] Once you've gone wrap you'll never go back!

As for the IPA you'll be right at full volume. The only beer I have ever started with a reduced volume is the 2 can screamer best extra stout.

Hallelujah, Muddy,

Was saved before you converted me, but now I\u2019m saved from the dreaded \u201cair lock\u201d.

I am much impressed; I\u2019m wrapt in the wrap. The only thing is that I might get withdrawal symptoms from the lack of \u201cgulp, gulp, gulp. If I do where can I get counselling?

For I must admit it was quite a pleasant experience to sit and listen to the symphony of four locks beating in harmony.[cool]

The only thing is that I might get withdrawal symptoms from the lack of \u201cgulp, gulp, gulp. If I do where can I get counselling?

For I must admit it was quite a pleasant experience to sit and listen to the symphony of four locks beating in harmony.[cool]

Warren, search youtube for bubbling airlock, find one you like, open it in as many tabs you wish and put them in the queue or record and play in a loop![lol]

Newtown, Like the idear of the recorded loop. I could go and watch the glad wrap bulge and have the gulp, gulp, going at the same time. That way i wont need counseling and i'm sure that the fermentors would be happy as well, after all they were all raised to the steady beat.

The only thing is that I might get withdrawal symptoms from the lack of \u201cgulp, gulp, gulp. If I do where can I get counselling?

Warren, search youtube for bubbling airlock, find one you like, open it in as many tabs you wish and put them in the queue or record and play in a loop![lol]

haha someone actually filmed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzUYi75wgE4

Hey Muddy,

What are Coopers going to say once you have converted the mob to Glad Wrap? After all they probably spent a pretty penny developing the new fermenter and you come along and bugger up the whole system.

The could have saved all that money if they had consulted you first up. Then they would have had to sell the new PLASTIC HYDROMETERS without the fermenter and I would now have one.

Hey Weggl, I don't think constantly typing PLASTIC HYDROMETERS in capital letters in your posts is going to change Coopers' decision to not sell them as a stand alone product. It might be an economic decision, having a stock of hydrometers on hand when only 1 or 2 people need a replacement is not good business practise.

Yea Muddy, but an expensive way to get a PLASTIC HYDROMETER, although at the rate i'm going through them it may be thr cheapest way out.

Also these new fermenter i think are a bit too tall for my ice chest i just built.

Another point is that if everybody gets a plastic repeat sales will be down!!![pouty]

Archived