Coopers Community

Belgium Blackberry Pear Ale

The way i am going to prepare the fruit this time is  blitzed / pureed as normal  but 2litres or less of water  so wort size will be less so the total will be 25L .  I will be heating fruit to 78c and then filtering out the solids >I usually just puree then put in commando. Should be a clearish purple color  at the end .At least thats what i am hoping for cheers

PS : Invert sugar will be self-made by table sugar and citric acid it works well have done a few times    also fruit will be added at about 24-30hrs as i am using kveik voss at 35-40c 

blackberry pear ale.jpeg

Edited by therealthing691
  • Like 3

I can see where you are coming from  coriander yes in a wheat beer and dont think it would add to this fruit beerThis isn t a wheat beer has none in it at all  .Pepper is a yes going to use 3grams as I only want it as a tiny after taste spicy with the fruit as with the amount of fruit It will be very fruity .

The reason for calling it a Belgian is the invert / candy sugar  cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't add peppercorns  40hrs  1060 to 1010  at 38c  all done .I expected the FG to be higher but the voss must have been extra hungry LOL is very tart  will post some pictures after cold crashing  which will be 3 or 4days  cheers

Edited by therealthing691
typo

• 2 weeks later...