Coopers Community

Raspberry/Pear Ipa

I have been experimenting with idaho 7 and calypso and i must say i like both Idaho 7  is a complex flavour . Calypso is mostly pear i think and a very clean dank tasting bitterness  i have done many raspberry and some raspberry pear in the past AG and Extract so hear we go for a IPA

3.7kg Barret pilsner

.3 kg Carafoam/pils

1kg Corn sugar

Us-05 + dry enzyme 

100g of calypso at flame out whirlpool average of 95 c @20mins 

at around 1020 ish  1.5kg raspberry puree and .8kg pear puree to FG 

then CC for 3 to 5 days i am hoping for a clear dry tasting fruity ipa   .In the future i am going to try the same but milkshake style which i have done extract but not AG nor Kegged

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Different flavours there for an IPA. Nothing to say thats not going to be delicious. I'm still learning hop matches so i cant say much apart from.......interesting. 

i have done raspberry in at least 10 to15 brews  and love it  hazy style or clear and crisp it works with both. I have just started using calypso and i think it will really mesh with  raspberry and pear . As a IPA but really will be a hoppy fruit beer cheers lol

i love trying different i think this is on the money  but we will see anybody local is welcome to try cheers

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Different flavours there for an IPA. Nothing to say thats not going to be delicious. I'm still learning hop matches so i cant say much apart from.......interesting. 

i usually have the IBU,S for this type of beer at or around 12 to 18 . But with calypso i think it will allow me to get it into the lower  IPA range  we will see

• Like 1

well is quite dry as you would expect with dry enzyme and us-05 got down to 1002  is cold crashing  .I will probably leave for a week but i will see how clear it gets .I tasted it out of the hydrometer  as for bitterness i expected a little more but hey i am not complaining. Cant wait to  taste when its kegged cheers

• Like 3

2 hours ago, therealthing691 said:

done and kegged today  was hard to tell how  clear it is.It was very cold and chill haze  at best I don't think it will be as clear as i was hoping but is damn tasty  will give it a descent try on the week end 

20220622_130247.jpg

The colour in the FV looks very interesting.

• Like 1

well tasting its dry the dry enzyme seems to have taken some of the fruit taste ..... After thought of course  as it eats more sugar . All in all for a  fruity dry ipa it is balanced tasty a bit less fruit then i expected but i havent used dry enzyme before  after thoughts ..... If i do this again i would up the fruit. All in all tasty fruity but in my opinion i like more fruit  ... but is there  but i like more. I would add 25% more. as for hops it meshs well i wouldnt  go more  and would even start at 25% less but i like it as it is  i hope this makes sense cheers enjoy

DSCN7156.JPG

• Like 3

Well after a few i rather think it would be great on a hot summers day. It isn't halve bad in winter either LOL .Out of curiosity  i took a PH of the the drinking beer is about 3.96  which is a tad lower than average beer. To be expected as Raspberry's have a low PH   of around 3,2 to 3.6  so will lower the beer a little over all 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...