Coopers Community

Mr Beer taste profiles

davids47

Is there any one done all the Mr Beer Kits, with out any other ingredients? looking at getting some and just want a heads up, on what other people thing about flavor, why i ask i know coopers can over estimate what thy think it should taste like, rather than what it turns out like 

only after the basic kits reviews only

57 minutes ago, davids47 said:

Is there any one done all the Mr Beer Kits, with out any other ingredients? looking at getting some and just want a heads up, on what other people thing about flavor, why i ask i know coopers can over estimate what thy think it should taste like, rather than what it turns out like 

only after the basic kits reviews only

I reckon that @Classic Brewing Co can help with this query.  He has done a few of the Mr Beer kits "naked".  If I remember right, he quite likes the North West Pale Ale.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I reckon that @Classic Brewing Co can help with this query.  He has done a few of the Mr Beer kits "naked".  If I remember right, he quite likes the North West Pale Ale.

Correct Shamus IMO the best of the group but the IPA's are nice too.

@davids47 if you are after a basic brew there is nothing wrong with any of the Mr Beer range brewed to 8.5l-10l (depending on your ABV target) I have brewed them all, in Adelaide we have one LBHS who stocks the full range. They come to you ready to brew, pre-hopped recommended batch size is 8.5l if you want a full bodied beer, I have added between 250-500 gm of LDME to most of them & the IPA's I have added LME but anymore than 500gm belts up the ABV & darkens the brew & of course affecting the taste, I would try the NW Pale Ale 'naked' first & again with 250gm of LDME. You will soon find out what you like. As far as adding extra hops, that's up to you but you will increase the bitterness.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Phil.

• Like 4