Coopers Community

BRISBANE GERMAN CLUB

Classic Brewing Co

Among my samples of Pub Stuff Bar Mats/Coasters/stubby Holders etc I found this which I have had for a while & never knew what it was until I googled it, turns out to be a sample corner of a Beer Mat my supplier must have sold them at some stage. I had a German Girlfriend & a Czech Girlfriend so I have visited & tried a lot of their beers over the years.

I was impressed with their Beer on Tap list, attached, I guess some of our QLD members have been there, @Aussiekraut ??

https://brisbanegermanclub.com/

20220220_143640.jpg

New-BAR-MENU-2021-2.pdf

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Among my samples of Pub Stuff Bar Mats/Coasters/stubby Holders etc I found this which I have had for a while & never knew what it was until I googled it, turns out to be a sample corner of a Beer Mat my supplier must have sold them at some stage. I had a German Girlfriend & a Czech Girlfriend so I have visited & tried a lot of their beers over the years.

I was impressed with their Beer on Tap list, attached, I guess some of our QLD members have been there, @Aussiekraut ??

https://brisbanegermanclub.com/

20220220_143640.jpg

New-BAR-MENU-2021-2.pdf 3.17 MB · 1 download

Yeah mate, been there a few times. I even was a full member for a while but since they hadn't managed to spell my name right after a year and a few reminders, I kinda told them to get stuffed 🙂 I usually sign up as a social member every time I go there. Not too bad a place to be honest but I really don't think they should play the Soviet anthem for their "Russian guests"...in fact, they shouldn't play anything for them Russians but that's just me 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Aussiekraut said:

Yeah mate, been there a few times. I even was a full member for a while but since they hadn't managed to spell my name right after a year and a few reminders, I kinda told them to get stuffed 🙂 I usually sign up as a social member every time I go there. Not too bad a place to be honest but I really don't think they should play the Soviet anthem for their "Russian guests"...in fact, they shouldn't play anything for them Russians but that's just me 🙂 

Well I sorta agree with you on that given the current developments, I wonder if they play the Aussie Anthem for the Aussie guests 🇦🇺

I have been a few times to the Gabba G Club in the past... one more memorable occasion photos below a few years ago prior to taking up AG and at the time ensuring we were taking the opportunity to utilise the good beer available... but they shut the Bar back then at 1700 on Sundays (And most unfortunately the Restaurant Zum Kaiser also only served Sunday Lunch) so as things were progressing well I got a few more shouts for the couple of lads so we would have a little more time to be sociable : )

I think that our mainstay back during that sesh was Erdinger Hefeweizen (cannot remember Weihenstephaner being available) - and one stray Pils on the table there lying around like an unregistered Dog 🥳

And although they were keen for us to eventually move on they were very kind in letting us finish our beers at a leisurely pace which I thought was admirable 👍

image.png.cf426b38079173d20cc2faa5e02d0090.png 

Seems like the world was on a bit of a lean at the time?

image.png.f2658772d6cdc0e2d16b9f082d14d8bf.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2