Coopers Community

In the garage

Malter White

5 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I've just been out in the garage and seen these again. I may have posted them here before but I can't remember.

The barrel has a best before date of 2002. The cans are dated 2004. They're all full. If anyone wants a VB it's my shout but you have to drink it while I video it. 🤣🤣

Any takers? Phil?  🤣@Classic Brewing Co

Ha Ha Muzzy, you know if I comment on the contents of the lovely cans I will get shot down in flames, however you have a nice collection of them so I would auction to the highest bidder.

I just have one question though, why didn't you drink them  20 years ago 🤣 Thank you for thinking of me.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just have one question though, why didn't you drink them  20 years ago 🤣 

VB was my beer back then. My good mate (and BIL), Rob, worked for CUB at the time and gave me the barrel. It was close to or just past best before so I decided to keep it as a collectable. I'm not sure if it is or not. The cans were also given to me by my late, best mate, Dash. They probably are more collectable (and marketable) than the barrel but I've retained them as a keepsake because of his passing. I don't expect I would sell them but Dash might want me to and trade them for punting cash. He loved the punt. Haha.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

VB was my beer back then. My good mate (and BIL), Rob, worked for CUB at the time and gave me the barrel. It was close to or just past best before so I decided to keep it as a collectable. I'm not sure if it is or not. The cans were also given to me by my late, best mate, Dash. They probably are more collectable (and marketable) than the barrel but I've retained them as a keepsake because of his passing. I don't expect I would sell them but Dash might want me to and trade them for punting cash. He loved the punt. Haha.

Yeah I am a sucker for beer collectables even if it is ..  that stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MUZZY said:

I must say @DavidM and @Classic Brewing Co, I'm kind of impressed with the quality of the beer packaging. More than 20 years and no leakers. 👍

Yeah the still look pretty good, it is just a same about, well yo know.

I am sure someone on Gumtree with tattoos on his forehead & no teeth would love them so there is another option for you.

Probably a Port supporter as well 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1