Coopers Community

Bar Accessories

Classic Brewing Co

Well as if I don't have enough stuff in Phil's Bar & Grill, a mate called around with a couple of items he knew I would want ( probably just wanted some of my beer, ) nevertheless I was grateful, something I have always wanted, another Bar Mat & a beer glass de-frother, hmm' just what everybody needs 🤔

h20220206_010112.thumb.jpg.5158d970da47e2c9cf1ca82f0db75f3f.jpg20220206_010148.thumb.jpg.c7ae65144906d8c20279d9c72ac48b02.jpg

Stella-3-1024x1017.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well as if I don't have enough stuff in Phil's Bar & Grill, a mate called around with a couple of items he knew I would want ( probably just wanted some of my beer, ) nevertheless I was grateful, something I have always wanted, another Bar Mat & a beer glass de-frother, hmm' just what everybody needs 🤔

I have just found out they are actually called a 'Beer Foam Scraper" or a 'Beer Comb' now not so widely used for hygiene reasons ( just another law )

Last time I was at the Belgium Beer Cafe in Adelaide they still used them, they are kept in a container of water & only used on a fresh glass each time.

Anybody else came across them ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have just found out they are actually called a 'Beer Foam Scraper" or a 'Beer Comb' now not so widely used for hygiene reasons ( just another law )

Last time I was at the Belgium Beer Cafe in Adelaide they still used them, they are kept in a container of water & only used on a fresh glass each time.

Anybody else came across them ?

I saw these being used in Holland some time ago. You would ask for a beer and they would pour into a glass. The beer was very fizzy and they scraped the overflowing foam off with one of these scrapers.  They didn't allow the beer to settle then top it up until you got a full glass, consequently  you ended up with about half a glass of beer and the rest foam. I wasn't very impressed but this was the way they served this beer.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pickles Jones said:

I saw these being used in Holland some time ago. You would ask for a beer and they would pour into a glass. The beer was very fizzy and they scraped the overflowing foam off with one of these scrapers.  They didn't allow the beer to settle then top it up until you got a full glass, consequently  you ended up with about half a glass of beer and the rest foam. I wasn't very impressed but this was the way they served this beer.

I know that is one of the reasons I only visit the Belgium Beer Cafe occasionally, I love the place, their beers & food are awesome but the prices are sky high & as you say if you let the beer sit for a while you will notice the glass is not full of beer, mainly foam. 😬

• Like 1
  • Sad 2