Coopers Community

Back to Brewing - Toucan Dry Hop Suggestions

Bazzak

Hey Guys,

I am just about to start brewing again, have been out of the game for a few years with moving and life etc. I am going to start nice and easy and do a toucan with the Coopers real ale and Australian pale ale cans with 1kg of light dry malt, using the 2 kit yeasts. 

I am looking for some suggestions on which hops to use to do a dry hop that would suit this recipe,  or if you have any suggestions for the recipe itself. I don't have any grain to steep at the moment unfortunately. 

Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Bazzak said:

Hey Guys,

I am just about to start brewing again, have been out of the game for a few years with moving and life etc. I am going to start nice and easy and do a toucan with the Coopers real ale and Australian pale ale cans with 1kg of light dry malt, using the 2 kit yeasts. 

I am looking for some suggestions on which hops to use to do a dry hop that would suit this recipe,  or if you have any suggestions for the recipe itself. I don't have any grain to steep at the moment unfortunately. 

Thanks!

i really liked a real ale with a dryhop of fuggles earlier this year. welcome back to the brewing 🙂

16 minutes ago, Stickers said:

i really liked a real ale with a dryhop of fuggles earlier this year. welcome back to the brewing 🙂

Thanks mate, was thinking I might make it a bit more IPAish and possibly look at Motueka or something along those lines, I've forgotten so many of them!

2 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hi @Bazzak, Galaxy and just about any other hop you can choose go well.  But I think you already know that.  

Thanks mate, I have been out of the game for so long, I've forgotten most of what I knew, particularly about hop characteristics. I think I used Motueka once in a hop slam that was pretty good. I see there's a few new hops around too, so will need to do more research. Hope to get the brew going today and can grab some hops in the next few days for a dry hop.

• Like 2

Hi Bazzak - I am like you, returning after some years not brewing.  I am like you and have forgotten much of what I learnt int he past so I have started with a Toucan approach.  Have only on one batch so far,  an English bitter with a dark ale influence.  As I am not a big fan of foward bitter hops flavour I can't be much help here but just wish you well and hope you enjoy the journey again.   Cheers!