Coopers Community

Now for something different

Put a Coopers Recipes Cleopatra's Asp down, it was done to recipe & the OG came out at 1068, both yeasts were used, the hyd test tube taste was really good, thought about filling a glass! You got a nice chili & spice hit, not over powering, you could leave out the chili if that way inclined, I will leave in fermenter as long as possible as an Abbey Dubbel left for 3 weeks turned out unbelievable & didn't last long. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Bottled this yesterday,  has been a bit colder than I'd like, after 3 weeks the FG only went down to 1020 so left it a few more days hoping for warmer weather, no go, stayed at 1020, so it got bottled just to spite it.( I wonder which experiment number this is??) will 'try' to leave it 3 weeks to mature. Initial taste was good but very different.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's been in the bottle a week & a half, had to tamper with it, very interesting taste, you can really notice the spices, very strong taste, nothing bad about it but very different, I 50/50'd it with a Tooheys new & it tasted great, toned the spices down nicely, another week or two more I think.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

After 4 months I had 1 bottle left, Chilli in beer, drinking this brew left a chilli hit to the back of the throat, not that great, chilli in food hits the tongue to get the taste, not that great at the back of the throat so it got mixed, the last bottle was smoother, slight chilli taste on the tongue & was absolutely yummo, seems this brew will like a longer 'resting' period to get the best out of it, after this last bottle I sat there shattered----------there was no more!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

That just means you have to do it again 🤣

WHO, in their right mind, cannot tamper with their brews way too early, I ask you, IT won't last that long to taste good! 😃

• Haha 1

I just read the recipe and I'd like to give that a go in a 23L batch!

I've had chilli beers before and liked them

thanks for the inspiration

I can't leave a batch alone too long, I'm sure they get lonely and want to come out...

• Like 2