Coopers Community

interesting kegland setup for kegging

ozdevil

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

as you never know you the keg is going to blow, you can of course lift it & tell by the weight, roughly.

That's one feature of the 8lt PET kegs I really like, is that you can see the contents. I'm thinking these new 20lt versions will be similar. Although not see through, if you look at the photo you can see the silhouette of my hand through them, so I'm thinking I should be able to see the beer level in them.

IMG_20221214_111509.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malter White said:

That's one feature of the 8lt PET kegs I really like, is that you can see the contents. I'm thinking these new 20lt versions will be similar. Although not see through, if you look at the photo you can see the silhouette of my hand through them, so I'm thinking I should be able to see the beer level in them.

IMG_20221214_111509.jpg

Hey there Malty Dubbya, keep us posted on how it all goes please. I'm just a little bit interested in this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malter White said:

Looking good Malter, jeez, you have long fingers 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

Hey there Malty Dubbya, keep us posted on how it all goes please. I'm just a little bit interested in this. 

Will do, Mick. 
I'm not sure how good the quality on these things are. I discovered a tube with a hole in the neck of the keg (you can see it in the photo). This hole doesn't appear in their advertising photos. The tube is there but it's normally sealed. They've included a rubber stopper which I imagine is to block it up. They reckon these things have about a 2 year life but the use by dated printed on it is 2015. I'm certain they mean 2025 but it doesn't give me much confidence in the product quality.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Malter White said:

Will do, Mick. 
I'm not sure how good the quality on these things are. I discovered a tube with a hole in the neck of the keg (you can see it in the photo). This hole doesn't appear in their advertising photos. The tube is there but it's normally sealed. They've included a rubber stopper which I imagine is to block it up. They reckon these things have about a 2 year life but the use by dated printed on it is 2015. I'm certain they mean 2025 but it doesn't give me much confidence in the product quality.

I am sorta glad I went down the Stainless-Steel Corny Kegs path, however I have never handled/used the PET versions so I can't comment but it makes sense that they have a shelf life.

I think if I was to buy a small 10l keg to take to BBQ's & stuff it would definitely be a SS one.

Anyway, time will tell, we will have to wait for your photos.

• Like 2