Coopers Community

SWMBO

Squishy

Just thought I'd give an Update on my brewing relationship with the wife....... She actually suggested (Not just allowed) that i move the fermenter in from the shed and into the laundry.... as it will be cooler in the house[biggrin] !!!! It's only taken 2 years[roll] for her to accept that brewing is gunna happen whether she likes it or not[biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Good work mate!

I had a bolt from the blue last night too - she says, with no prompting: 'Have you got any of that nice passionfruit beer left?' (referring to my American Pale Ale with Galaxy and Amarillo hops).

She then asks if it's something I can make more of!

I nearly fell off the couch.

Dan

To make it better she even bought the cans(Its my first smoty)!!! [biggrin] [biggrin] She was in the shop lined up for the register and she left the line to go back for them!! She even drove an hour each way by herself and left me sitting on the lounge switching between the V8s and the cricket..... Come to think of it it was a good day (except for The Giz running out of fuel!!)

Speaking of which I had a similar experience. She was down at the supermarket while I was watching the cricket with my daughter when I got a strange phone call asking if I need any dextrose and cans while she was down the street.

She came back with a stout and dark ale (for my two can stout) a Canadian Blonde and a pale ale. She also picked up several Brew Enhancers and some sugars.

What a weird (but pleasant) weekend.

My seven year old daughter always wants to have a stir and tip in the sugar. For 2 or 3 years she puts in the carbonation drops and starts the PET lids, as long as she can have a carbonation lolly or two. Brewing - fun for the whole family. [lol] [love] [happy] [biggrin] [joyful] [cool]

Ok Fellas,

Clearly there is something in the air and the women of australia have been inhaling deeply!

My Mrs, who normally complains about my taking up every spare inch in the apartment cupboards with conditioning beer, turns to me today and says, "hey Ol, don't you have a spare mix in the cupboard that you have been wanting to put on? You should do that today whilst I go to the supermarket"...

All I can say is WTF??? Women, are we to ever get them? I think not![surprised

Ok Fellas,

Clearly there is something in the air and the women of australia have been inhaling deeply!

My Mrs, who normally complains about my taking up every spare inch in the apartment cupboards with conditioning beer, turns to me today and says, "hey Ol, don't you have a spare mix in the cupboard that you have been wanting to put on? You should do that today whilst I go to the supermarket"...

All I can say is WTF??? Women, are we to ever get them? I think not![surprised

if you can undertand them mate your doin better then me [lol] even after ten years i still can't [innocent]

I take you have a shared email Luke [lol]

My wife recently fully agreed that it would be better for me to get a keg fridge than to have bottles stored in every nook and cranny. The problem is that we have absolutely no room for a keg fridge. I think she is just playing mind games [sad] (If she is, it worked [pinched] )

I take you have a shared email Luke [lol]

My wife recently fully agreed that it would be better for me to get a keg fridge than to have bottles stored in every nook and cranny. The problem is that we have absolutely no room for a keg fridge. I think she is just playing mind games [sad] (If she is, it worked [pinched] )

maybe the hint is: that if you want a Keg fridge, you can have it, but you need more room, to get more room, you need a bigger house? Does the Mrs enjoy shopping or want a new lounge suit or other furnishings? you know what happens when you you move to a bigger abode? new stuff everywhere!!!![crying]

you never know Muddy, you might end up buying a big new place in Gtown with heaps of room, a big backyard, a double garage, a Brew room, a games room, 5 beddies and of course a SHED (a lot of houses have water views ATM too) and spend less than 1/4 of what you would in Dover Heights.

Strangely enough my wife doesn't like shopping or spending money....she doesn't even care about wedding anninversaries or birthday gifts [love]

We rent at the moment Trusty but have been looking at units to buy. The problem is we are quickly coming to the conclusion that anything we can afford isn't much bigger than where we are now.

I still can't work out where G Town is - I assume South Coast??? (I don't even know where Dover Heights is [pinched] ) but I need to be able to get to work in Sydney city and I don't think I could handle moving out west away from the beach.

Oprah was in town yesterday but for some reason she didn't think buying me a house so that I could fit in a keg fridge was high enough on her list of charitable acts [annoyed]

I found out that lil' R&D helps a lot on this matter - just question about beer styles SWMBO likes and do the second brew to get that. make absolutely clear that you are making this batch for her.

you will be marveled at the changes in attitude.

in my case, I have to make sure that wheat beer and tad of dark ale is always available and I can keep my fermenters n'stuff almost everywhere and I even get a helping hand with straining hops, cleaning and bottle rinsing! [cool]

Archived