Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gribby

first kit

Recommended Posts

just put down first kit 7 days ago coopers dark ale with enhancer 2. What FG should I be looking for its at 1010 - 1012 now thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That should be close to finished if not finished already. Take a hydrometer reading again in 2 days. If its the same reading as now then bottle it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Home Brewing @Gribby

My last Dark Ale OG was 1040 and finished at 1012 after 10 days so reckon you could be there.

As Greeny has highlighted just ensure you get consecutive readings across to two days then bottle.

Note all Hydrometers are not calibrated the same.

Cheers YB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

That should be close to finished if not finished already. Take a hydrometer reading again in 2 days. If its the same reading as now then bottle it.

Thanks heaps

Gribby

 

Edited by Gribby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, YeastyBoy said:

Welcome to Home Brewing @Gribby

My last Dark Ale OG was 1040 and finished at 1012 after 10 days so reckon you could be there.

As Greeny has highlighted just ensure you get consecutive readings across to two days then bottle.

Note all Hydrometers are not calibrated the same.

Cheers YB

Thankyou cant wait to try it thanks again

Gribby

Edited by Gribby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gribby said:

Thankyou cant wait to try it thanks again

Gribby

If you're anything like most of us, you'll be champing at the bit to open a bottle. Wait at least a week before trying one, then you will have an idea a week later at how much it improves in the bottle if you leave it to condition properly.

Welcome to the rabbit hole. 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2020 at 4:51 PM, Journeyman said:
On 4/20/2020 at 4:51 PM, Journeyman said:

If you're anything like most of us, you'll be champing at the bit to open a bottle. Wait at least a week before trying one, then you will have an idea a week later at how much it improves in the bottle if you leave it to condition properly.

Welcome to the rabbit hole. 😄 

Hey guys Gribby here just cracked open the dark ale , rather impressed but the only thing is it lacks flavour how do you improve the flavour inexpensively without going crazy and spoiling it the next time

cheers.

And thanks for the advice

Gribby

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get some LDME instead of BE2. Add 1.5 kg of it into the mix. Get some hops and do a bit of a boil for bitterness and then add some more hops once it's in the FV.

Beer o'clock for me so browse around the site for those issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cheers bud will do appreciate it

thanks

enjoy your brew

Gribby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If malt is too expensive for your likes, BE3 is also an option. It has more malt in it than BE2. It's my go-to fermentable for Dark Ale. Bottled one this morning, in fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...