Coopers Community

Keezer size

6 hours ago, Journeyman said:

2. In a pub coolroom you can string multiple kegs to one line - is that not possible with HB keg systems? No hardware to allow it? Is there another reason why it isn't done?

Can’t see why you couldn’t do it, you would have to carbonate them separately, then just connect the liquid out of the first one to the gas in of the second, then your tap off the liquid out on two. That said, both kegs would have to be the same type of beer, otherwise you may have no idea what your drinking.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NewBrews said:

Can’t see why you couldn’t do it, you would have to carbonate them separately, then just connect the liquid out of the first one to the gas in of the second, then your tap off the liquid out on two. That said, both kegs would have to be the same type of beer, otherwise you may have no idea what your drinking.

So you couldn't do... "connect the liquid out of the first one to the gas in of the second" and carb from the rear? (that sounds like a euphemism 😄 )

Could you do it that way if the kegs were bulk primed on filling or even before they were filled? before 

On 4/1/2020 at 2:09 PM, Beer Baron said:

Most places say this model is on clearance now and they have no stock 😔 

Freezer sales went through the roof with all these idiot hoarders believing we'll be locked down due to the COVID-19 virus BS. I'm not kidding about that either, it is true.

Best thing for these hoarders actually is to contract the COVID-19 virus or some basic flu-like symptoms so they are forced into lock-down & then the rest of us can get on with normal purchase levels, living conditions, & behaviour patterns.

My apologies in advance if this thread is now deleted. 🤔

P.S. I heard a pretty incredible stat today. Woolworths have claimed they have sold 8 months worth of sales of toilet paper in the last 3 weeks!

Lusty.

Edited by Beerlust
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

So you couldn't do... "connect the liquid out of the first one to the gas in of the second" and carb from the rear? (that sounds like a euphemism 😄 )

Could you do it that way if the kegs were bulk primed on filling or even before they were filled? before 

If bulk primed, I would think you would need to let them carbonate first. If you put the CO2 on the gas in of the “rear one”, all you’ll get out of it is carbonated beer, but once the pressure in the second gets up there will be little transfer.

That said, I’m sure some gas would get through but I’m not sure how long it would take to carbonate both.

It might work fine, but I think it would be a pain, and potentially inconsistent.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Beerlust said:

P.S. I heard a pretty incredible stat today. Woolworths have claimed they have sold 8 months worth of sales of toilet paper in the last 3 weeks!

I would make 2 points...

Also sold was a LOT of canned spaghetti and baked beans, so that might be why they need the toilet paper?

Now what happens when the scalping laws come in and the scumsuckers cannot sell their TP at inflated prices? Will WW, Coles et al keep the TP manufacturers running while the sales are low?

On 4/2/2020 at 11:10 AM, Titan said:

2 reasons i can think of. 1 safety if you have toddlers around and secondy you dont need to drill a hole for the gas line coming through.

+1

They are my reasons. It'd also tidy the area a little bit. It's better for me if it is all contained in the one space.