Coopers Community

Bintang brewery tour

Was just recently in Jakarta ( not by choice ) was great didn't see a single bintang singlet haha .. was also Ramadan so that probably played a major part in that. Not as laid back as Bali we had to wait until 7 pm every night to be able to purchase a beer. Tried Prost as well didn't enjoy it as much as the tang but was limited on the beer choices.

• Haha 2

i lived in Jak for 4 years plus a number of years fi/fo. I loved the place but it was very different during ramadan. I don't know if its still the same, but up to 09, during ramadan, you could not buy a beer at a restaurant (all bars were closed) unless you ordered a feed. There were about 20 aus/nz/canadians used to go the Ambarah hotel, order a plate of chips (between us, not each!) and drink till closing....chips seldom got touched but the table would be full of dead binnys.

Edited by worry wort

1 hour ago, Smashed Crabs said:

Was just recently in Jakarta ( not by choice ) was great didn't see a single bintang singlet haha ..  

although they are the highest selling item in the markets of Bali, no non-authentic bintang clothing was allowed to be sold in Jakarta. I went to dozens of markets and you never ever saw a binny item for sale, or in any of the stores. If you wanted them you had to go to an authentic bintang outlet (clothing, not bar!) and pay an absolute motza for any item you bought. I think in Bali the singlets were about .90c each, but if you bought in the binny shop you would pay up to $15 for one!!!!!! hence noone in jak walks around in binny singlets!

21 hours ago, Smashed Crabs said:

Tried Prost as well didn't enjoy it as much as the tang but was limited on the beer choices.

Yeah choices are limited arnt they. Gave Prost and Bali hai a go also. Bintang is a lot better than those two. Also at $2.50 you can put up with the Bintang bum squirts if need be