Coopers Community

Quick weekend brew

Tömmy8888

G'day everyone. Been absent from this forum and the hobby for a while. We are expecting a second bubba so brewing smell in the house just makes my wife throw her guts out 😁 

But i got a permission to have house to myself next Saturday and want to whip up a quickie. 

It will either be a Real Ale or Canadian Blonde ...... do you guys have any nice hop addition ideas for those ones ? For both boil and dry hop. Maybe some specialty grains ?

Its been a while and any suggestion is welcomed as i only have few hours to whip it lol

Cheers 💣

20 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Yep, I think that title belongs to me. But you make a great number 2 (ha ha, number 2).

Sorry, about the poo joke.

Poo jokes aren’t my favourite but they’re a solid number 2.

14 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hey @Tommy1525230200

You could do the Unreal Ale, but add a steep of 200g of crystal grains.

I also really enjoyed a Real Ale I did with a 200g steep of crystal grains, plus 12g Cascade 15 minute boil; 12g Galaxy 5 minute boil; 12g of each in a 15 minute steep and 12 g of each in a dry hop.

Cheers Shamus

That actually seems pretty good and quick ....... cheers maye

On 3/23/2019 at 9:26 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hey @Tommy1525230200

I also really enjoyed a Real Ale I did with a 200g steep of crystal grains, plus 12g Cascade 15 minute boil; 12g Galaxy 5 minute boil; 12g of each in a 15 minute steep and 12 g of each in a dry hop.

Cheers Shamus

What did you use for fermentables ?

On 3/23/2019 at 9:26 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hey @Tommy1525230200

Cheers Shamus

What did you use for fermentables. I am thinking kg of DME ... the usual

8 hours ago, Tommy1525230200 said:

What did you use for fermentables. I am thinking kg of DME ... the usual

Unreal Ale

• 1kg Brew Enhancer 1
  • 500g Light Dry Malt
  • 200g Light Crystal grains

Real Galaxcade

• 1kg Brew Enhancer 1
  • 500g Light Dry Malt
  • 200g Light Crystal grains

The fermentables were the same because I actually made up the basic wort first, then split it into two batches.  The Unreal Ale I left plain and the Real Galaxcade I gave the hop treatment.  It was actually a bit more complicated than that so I could use some of the LDM upfront in the hopped brew to do the hop boil.

Cheers Shamus

Archived