Coopers Community

TOUCAN STOUT FOLLOW UP DAY 9

Hey Guys,

Just following up on my Toucan Stout, I used 1 x can each Coopers Stout, 1 x can Coopers Dark Ale, Mangrove Jack 1.5kg pack Pure Liquid Malt Extract Dark & Fermentis English Ale Dry Yeast 11.5 g. 

it was suggested I didn't use enough yeast,  I ended up adding 7g Coopers Yeast mixed with 200gm cold boiled water @ 20 degrees & chucked it in on day 7, the reading has dropped to around

to 1022. I am thinking it should be left for a few more days before it's safe to bottle. Do you reckon it will come down anymore. Any comments greatly appreciated.

Cheers 🍻

Phil

821169551_Day9.thumb.jpg.663daaa8edd15c299c9c06de04a4e97f.jpg

It may drop a bit more but I doubt it would be much. The amount of LME in it will push the FG higher than the version that contains 1kg dextrose in place of that 1.5kg dark LME. 

I would leave it another few days, maybe up the temp a couple of degrees as well. 

Did you take a reading before adding the extra yeast?

15 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

It may drop a bit more but I doubt it would be much. The amount of LME in it will push the FG higher than the version that contains 1kg dextrose in place of that 1.5kg dark LME. 

I would leave it another few days, maybe up the temp a couple of degrees as well. 

Did you take a reading before adding the extra yeast?

Hi Otto,

Thanks for your input, the reading I took before adding the extra yeast was about 2 points higher, currently temp on 21 degrees, do you think I should go higher ?

Cheers

Archived