Coopers Community

Need an opinion on how this would turn out

DKAngel

welp just transferred this into the keg and carbonating now, it still smells so good and its got an awesome taste to it, bottled 7 of them and have hidden them away for a rainy day no to find something to do with this realale, any ideas?

welp just transferred this into the keg and carbonating now' date=' it still smells so good and its got an awesome taste to it, bottled 7 of them and have hidden them away for a rainy day no to find something to do with this realale, any ideas?[/quote']

UNREAL ALE is a great beer.

• 2 years later...
Some say Galaxy is a universal hop [lol]

Hey guys,

This thread is pretty old now, but my question fits under the same topic... how about galaxy in an American brown ale?

I made a pretty nice brown ale a while ago using amarillo and centennial.

I was thinking of doing something similar, using an Pale Ale tin, 1.5kg LME, and some combination of caramalt, medium crystal and medium chocolate malts with Galaxy and cascade.

While I love bitter beers, I was thinking of toning the bitterness back a little (to around 30IBU). I was thinking 15g of both cascade and galaxy for 15 mins, and 10g of each dry hopped.

People talk about galaxy being 'harsh'. Does anyone have a feeling for if this would be any good, or if I should adjust anything?

Cheers,

-Dyl

I think that would be alright Dylan.

If you are a bit concerned you could change the 15 minute addition to 20g Cascade and 10g Galaxy.

I have mentioned Galaxy being a bit harsh but it probably isn't the right term. It is just a little rough around the edges if you start drinking it at 2 weeks but a bit more time and it is fine. Plus I think the Cascade will help soften the domineering nature of Galaxy; they go really well together.

Citra might be a nice substitute for Galaxy in this beer too.

Archived