Coopers Community

Need an opinion on how this would turn out

DKAngel

Just threw down a random brew had stuff floating around and i thought i would experiment

Used 1 coopers australian pale ale

1 Amber malt extract (1.5kg)

10gms cascade 10mins

10gms saaz 10mins with the amber

and 10gms cascade thrown in dry

no idea what this is going to produce as ive never used hops or any of the liquid malts but all i can so so far its really dark and just a sample after 1 day in the fermenter it seems to taste freakin awesome

also one of the hop teabags broke so ive put it in a chux cloth, will that hurt the brew at all?

any idea what this will turn out like or ways to improve it?

I've never used Saaz so I not sure what that will throw into the equation but going by your other ingredients I reckon you'll have a good beer on your hands.

If you can send me a few bottles when they're ready I'll complete my critique [biggrin]

As for the broken teabag - Some people cut them open and pour them in loose as they settle out. The chux will be fine as long as it is clean.

well its fermenting away like mad so i haven't stuffed anything up hopefully, cool at least with it being broken i don't have to worry. smells awesome

next batch to go on is the blueberry Canadian blonde

G'day Muddy,

glad the Kanga has gone to a good home...I only use Coopers longnecks now so I have gone to drops....man I'm 'with' it!

I mainly use longnecks but since you sent me the kanga I've been putting some of each batch into Grosch bottles using the kanga...works a treat [cool]

expect some good stuff, this mix sounds really good. Sazz hops smell a lot better than they taste, before you clean out the fermenter just stick your nose in for a little while, it'll be amazing.

My very favourite so far is a JSGA clone made with a can of Pale Ale + wheat malt extract and Amarillo - 15 gms @ 15 mins, 5 mins and flameout. Fantastic! Trying the Cascade now in a Cerveza - I just figured "American hop, Mexican beer - same area of the globe - must go OK!" Tried Euro hops a few times - blah! [pinched] I'm sticking to the Yankie stuff! [love]

Whats JSGA Ann? I can get the brew master IPA, and I might be able to get ahold of some wheat malt extract, do you reckon that the substitution would still make for a good drop?[/quote

]

James Squires Golden Ale. I think the IPA would be too hoppy already. Better to start with something very light, like Pale Ale.

Oops - that Muddy has beaten me to it!! [annoyed]

I've got a sparkling ale kit on hand, but just one and it's precious because I can't buy it here. It went from Australia to the North West Territories (the northernmost province in Canada) and then back down to me (a few hundred KM from the Canada/USA border) So I'd like to do something really good with it (I've never had it before) I was thinking that I might be smart to just try to follow the recipe as closely as I can, substituting dry malt for wet malt.

I've got a sparkling ale kit on hand' date=' but just one and it's precious because I can't buy it here. It went from Australia to the North West Territories (the northernmost province in Canada) and then back down to me (a few hundred KM from the Canada/USA border) So I'd like to do something really good with it (I've never had it before) I was thinking that I might be smart to just try to follow the recipe as closely as I can, substituting dry malt for wet malt. [/quote']

Good idea Slurtis! I've just done a SA with 150gm steeped Crystal and 10gm POR (that's Pride Of Ringwood for you wogs)in a 15 minute boil. Tastes fantastic so far! Could replace the JSGA as my favourite... [love]

Whew! Last two posts went thru Ok. [kissing]

Archived