Coopers Community

Best Mid Strength/Session in a Can

Popo the Reprobate

I've got a festival with a BYO policy coming up in a few weeks with a couple of big days in the sun. I don't mind the occasional mega swill mid and have made do with that previously but wouldn't mind something with a bit more flavour.

I've tried a Ballast Point's Even Keel which I didn't mind. Any other favourites out there? (Cans only as there's no glass allowed).

Cheers

I've been quite critical of session IPAs and mid-strength beers in the past as none of them were to my tastes. I can definitely appreciate the difficulty in brewing a flavoursome beer with some body in it at low ABV.

My first choice https://bridgeroadbrewers.com.au/shop-beers/core/little-bling-cans/. I really, really enjoyed this beer and was so surprised to see 3.4% on the label.

Second choice https://www.beercartel.com.au/modus-operandi-session-ipa/.

Another one that is very popular but does not float my boat is the Pirate Life Throwback IPA.

Another one that comes highly rated but I have not found a fresh can in my local bottle shops - Brewdog Dead Pony Club. 3.8% ABV. I really want to try some Brewdog's famous beers but refuse to buy the cans which have been sitting on a ship/warehouse/dock/shelf for months and months.

Buy local, support the independent craft breweries here I say.

Hey joolbag, thanks for the reply.

Dead Pony Club was on the radar. I didn't know Little Bling came in cans. That's good news!

I haven't been had any of the Modus Operandi beers as yet. Looking forward to trying them.

I have similar feelings about Pirate Life too. Doesn't quite do it for me.

I'll probably end up with something bland but get some good stuff to break it up.

Pirate Life's Throwback IPA 3.5% ABV. cool

It changed the whole way I looked at mid-strength beers. That & PB2's "Nelson's Light" wink

Cheers' date='

Lusty.[/quote']

I'm 100% with Lusty on this one. Ever since stumbling onto this beer I've been brewing some wicked highly hopped high IBU mid strengths.

For those that don't find it to there tastes James Squire sell their 150 Lashes in 10 packs of 330 ml cans.

Cheers & Beers

Scottie

Valley Brew

• 2 weeks later...

Archived