Coopers Community

Spent a few days in Noosa QLD during the week

Fancy a Cheeky Pint?

As the Topic Heading says, I spent a few days up in Noosa Queensland during the week and stumbled across a great little bar.

Taps in Mooloolaba, in the Sunshine Coast. A great idea where you get yourself a pre-pay card which you top up from behind the main bar then off you go pouring your own beer from the many taps located around the pub.

Swipe your card and then pour as much or as little as you like and your card is simply deducted with the value of what you pour.

If you are in the area, pop in and enjoy. I did! biggrin

Yeah, it deducts the money on the card by how much volume is poured as they do have pint glasses, schooners and pots I think too. There's one of these venues in Fortitude Valley as well which I've been to a few times - it's probably better in winter though when the taps don't warm up as much because in summer they pour a heap of foam before the beer comes through properly. They may have rectified this since I was there last though.

Sorry for the delay, I've been away working.

Yes, it deducts the money by the volume poured so you can basically sample whatever you fancy and go back for more of what you like.

The scary bit was watching the money/balance on the top up card going down on the display screen as quick as the beer was pouring, but it wasn't over priced at all and I really enjoyed the experience.

Speaking to the fella there he said that another venue was in the pipeline for Sydney.

Take a look at: www.tapsaustralia.com.au

Where can I get the flow meter equipment that they use?

It would come in handy every time my mates (and extended family) think its their god given right to pour themselves a beer from my keg.

You can buy flow meters for kegs but honestly I don't think it's worth the money.

It'd be better spent on another FV or two and a fridge to ferment in to keep the supply up and give you an excuse to brew more often. tonguewink

Archived