Coopers Community

Christmas road trip - looking for breweries en-route

Fancy a Cheeky Pint?

We're off on a Christmas Road Trip soon from Adelaide to Bendigo, on to Ballarat then Melbourne before the Great Ocean Road back to Adelaide.

I won't be allowed to deviate much from the set route that her in doors has made, but as this community is spread far and wide I must ask for help in finding any good Breweries along the way. (Can't take the kegs with me)

So if you know of any that are worth me looking into, please share the details here asap.

Cheers

Beer & Brewer Magazine used to publish a map in each issue listing out all the breweries in Australia and NZ.

I haven't read it for a while so I am not sure if they still do it but it may be worthwhile checking out.

Thanks Hairy,

Maybe I'll have a look in The Newsagents tomorrow morning and also have a look around on Google.

Cheers

this is a nice spot for a beer biggrin

On top of that' date=' there's little creatures in Geelong which is actually really good and that'll be on your way to the great ocean road. Then there's blackmans brewery in Torquay, rogue wave breweing at Aireys Inlet and there's a pub at Apollo Bay that serves Prickly Moses beer which is pretty good too. Also the Prickly Moses brewery (Otway Estate) itself is up in the Otways near Colac but that's a bit of a deviation from the great ocean road. So plenty of brewerys between Geelong and Apollo Bay[img']alien[/img]biggrin

• 2 weeks later...
Funnily enough' date=' It seems my wife and myself are doing the reverse trip to you, heading from Geelong to Adelaide then up to Morgan for a week.(Will wave on the way past)

Where should I be drinking In Adelaide CBD for 2 nights. Then Up to the Murray?[/quote']

Sorry. probably far to late now but if you get the chance visit the Prancing Pony Brewery at Hahndorf. They have a great range of Beers brewed on site.

Cheers

PS: I waved at every car going past just in case! lol

Well the road trip came to end and now back home waiting on tonight's New Year events!

Had a great time but only got to Little Creatures Brewery which was a little bit of a let down to be honest as they weren't doing tours. Never mind it is Christmas I suppose.

I treated myself to a box of mixed beers and a smart bottle opener which I'm happy about.

I did find a bar selling Prickly Moses which I enjoyed, cheers MPH for the heads up on that one.

1483163449_13_402.jpg

1483163488_51_328.jpg

Funnily enough' date=' It seems my wife and myself are doing the reverse trip to you, heading from Geelong to Adelaide then up to Morgan for a week.(Will wave on the way past)

Where should I be drinking In Adelaide CBD for 2 nights. Then Up to the Murray?[/quote']

Sorry. probably far to late now but if you get the chance visit the Prancing Pony Brewery at Hahndorf. They have a great range of Beers brewed on site.

Cheers

PS: I waved a every car going past just in case! lol

Not too late, turns out we're not going till the end of this week (Sorry if all that waving was for nothing)

My son in law gave me a couple of bottles of prickly for xmas. I agree a very tasty drop.

Cheers

PS: I waved a every car going past just in case! lol

Not too late, turns out we're not going till the end of this week (Sorry if all that waving was for nothing)

My son in law gave me a couple of bottles of prickly for xmas. I agree a very tasty drop.

If you get a chance visit Prancing Pony and also spend some time in Hahndorf. Well worth the visit.

Archived