Coopers Community

Help choosing a kegerator

Beergoodness

Nothing for the kegerators, they have their own in built control.

Hairy, I had trouble keeping up supply for 3 taps when I began, but now I find it pretty easy to keep the supply up. I put 3 full kegs in at once and carb them overnight, then while they are being gradually emptied, the next three batches are being brewed, fermented etc. Usually I still have one of the previous three kegs on tap by the time the next three are ready to go in. I've found it easier to keep supply up with demand doing this rather than switching individual kegs out when one of them blows dry.

Hi beeraholics what temperature controls are everybody using eg mangrove jacks or the MKII?????

I use a STC-1000 to control the temps in my keezer. The F1 function (base temperature cut-off) is set to 2°C' date=' & the F2 function (fluctuation hysteresis) is set to 3°C. So the air temp fluctuates between 2° & 5°C & the controller turns the freezer on when it hits 5°C, & shuts it off once it hits 2°C, just like a normal fridge would operate via their internal thermostat.

The probe itself is not attached to a keg as unlike fermentation, an exact temperature is not required, so it hangs freely & only measures the air temp inside the freezer.

Works a treat & uses little power. [img']happy[/img]

Cheers,

Lusty.

Archived