Coopers Community

Extra Strong Vintage Ale

haveachat

There is a possibility that Vintage Ale will be produced this year. Will tell you "for sure" once we get the word handed down.

Some Vintage may be put into 50l kegs - but, once again, this will depend on the measure of success of previous kegged Vintage Ale and the direction the Marketing team want to take the next Vintage.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for letting us know how tough it is working with beer all day.

Most of us can only dream about what it would be like.

Imagine being at work and it feels about the same as are having a quiet beer at home.

We all feel sorry for you, Paul.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping this doesn't sound too toffy nosed, but as I also like to drink beer with meals - Sparkling to me goes well with seafoods and/or spicy dishes, whilst the Pale Ale goes well with anything or quite simply goes well with another stubby of Pale Ale.

That said, is there any style of dish that may be considered more suited to the strong flavour of the ESVA??

I like to match my beer with my food - one day all those wine drinkers will realise that beer is a very viable alternative.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

paul, i think ya told me this before but i cant find the post.........whats the longest you would leave a vintage ale?

i got a six pack of 2008's in back bedroom (its prolly 26 degrees in there at times), im wondering if i should drink em before they spoil or wait for an occasion like easter or a sickie from work or sumpin?

cheers

matt

Chill one down and try it. If you think they are going over, put the rest in the fridge and... :wink:

I recommend decanting it off the yeast - pour it from a height to create good foam but just leave the deposit behind.

Archived