Coopers Community

GABS 2016

peekaboo_jones

Hello Gang,

The Great Australasian Beer specTapular is fast approaching again this year!

May 20-22 Melbourne then following weeks in Sydney and Auckland.

I'm sure some of you will be aware of this and may have already attended in previous years but for those that don't know about it basically it is a beer festival put together by a couple of craft pub owners in Melbourne to invite and showcase any craft beer in Australia and NZ.

And it's bloody awesome.

One thing I did hear on the grapevine is that Coopers may/may not have produced a limited run beer that will be showcased on tap at the festival.

Only.

Brew 'A' IPA

6%

60 IBU

Hops apparently are Enigma and Cascade (Ellerslie hops Australia)

If you can get along do so!

I'll be going and will report back with tasting notes and photo's of the special brew.

Cheers

I will be attending the Sydney event (Saturday afternoon session - 28 May). I'm happy to catch up with anyone that wants to meet.

The GABS guide book has been released and there are 120 festival beers to try. I might get some tasting paddles and not go as hard this year whistling

One thing I did hear on the grapevine is that Coopers may/may not have produced a limited run beer that will be showcased on tap at the festival.

Only.

Brew 'A' IPA

6%

60 IBU

Hops apparently are Enigma and Cascade (Ellerslie hops Australia)

I heard that the Brew A IPA is being first released at GABS and then into various pubs. It is a limited release of 1,500 kegs and to be on tap only.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived