Coopers Community

regarding coopers dark ale

stewy1525229621

I have been brewing coopers pale ale for 10 years and I have just tried a dark ale .I did everything right but after 1 day of bubbling it stopped and I found it had no water in the plastic water holder and the brew went all over the top of the fermenter so I have taken the lid off and cleaned the inside of the lid also the plastic water holder and put more water in it up to the marks on the holder and it is bubbling again will this brew still be drinkable or should I throw bit out .I have never had this trouble before with my pale ale please help if possible

You'll have to wait and see at this stage. Chances are it will be ok as long as you didn't get any thing into the brew and sanitised your lid before you refitted it. Even without doing that you may still be ok.

I'd be interested to hear your recipe as I wouldn't have thought a standard dark ale would have developed such a large Krausen.

Next time you can just refill the airlock (the plastic water holder), and let it keep fermenting away, the Krausen residue, although messy, won't cause any issues with the brew itself.

Archived