Coopers Community

Stout

rossm

That's about right. A 1.7kg can + 500g Light Dry Malt + 300g Dextrose mixed to 23litres should be around the 1032 - 1034 mark.

Just a note here:-

Using the Coopers fementing Vessel, in most cases, actual 23litres is half-way between the 22 and 23 litre mark on the side wall.

• 3 years later...

Sure, the yeast supplied with the Australian Pale Ale beer kit will work okay as will the commercial ale yeast cultured from the Coopers Original Pale Ale - this is the same yeast used in all our commercial ales (our stout is an ale, just very black [biggrin] )

500g of LDM will give a nice full bodied, midstrength stout.

G'day Warren - I just saw your email and sent this link with what I think is the best recipe to replicate Cooper's Best Extra Stout

It sounds like your doing another recipe. The white label stout will most probably be crap but give it a go just so you know.

I'd strongly recommend doing the 2 can stout when you get the chance - If Big W doesn't have the ingredients try Woolies as they usually have the Original Series in stock.

EDIT: ....sorry, yes the pale ale yeast'll do the job.

Thanks Paul, the yeast i was speakin[roll] g about was cultured yeast from Pale Ale.

Shame i got the wrong stout, but Woolies at Brookvale dont stock homebrew anymore.

Also I just bought a stainles pot with a glass lid from Big W IT IS 300MM DIA ANT 450mm deep for $11.80 was maked at around $20 but $12 at the check out.Ithink it is 12 litres. Tried to work it out but kept comming up with around 30 litres, it aint that big. Maybe there is some that are good at maths who can give the correct answer.

Also dont know how I got thre name "warrene" it should have been "weggl"?

Warren

[rightful] They most certainly do not make crap!

I thought you were talking about home brand stout. If you got the Coopers brand stout with the white label then you did get the Original Series Stout which you said they didn't have. I'm getting confused I think I'll go and lie down a few minutes [sideways]

C'mon Warren - Go back to Big W and grab a can of the Coopers Dark Ale (the one with the white label [biggrin] ) and mix it with the Stout and do PB2's 2 can screamer recipe. You wont regret it.

Stop looking; just looked at the receipt the pot is 19 litres.

Guess I will have to take a trip to Dave\u2019s at Nth Sydney to get the correct stout.

Yes Muddy I am making a new brew this will be my 13th since I started in October.

Had one stuff up, but I guess that ok for a newbie. Have to make them quickly because all my mates keep drinking the bloody stuff. I am trying to get some in the bottles over a month old and at the rate it disappears I\u2019m having a struggle.

Thanks for your help.

Warren

[cool]

Your best getting the original series from the supermarket. Dave will charge you an arm and a leg for it.

Which Big W did you go to? I was just at the mall and they had a heap of the stout cans.

By the sounds of things you already have the right stout?????

BTW - Stout needs at least 6 months in the bottle to start getting good.

Dont know if you said it Paul, have read repices claimed to come from you with 1 kg sugar.

I plan to follow your 2 can stout,old 500g Dex.

Also got it wrong it is Coles at thr Brookvale Mall who no longer sell homebrew products. Yea I got both "correct" cans from Big W.

Dont think I can wait 6 months, will 1 do?[annoyed]

Warren

Brewed Paul\u2019s 2 can stout 1 stout, 1 dark ale with DME, not sugar on Thur 30 Dec

Pitched the yeast at 24C temp it shot up to 27C got the temp down slowly 24 on Sat, 22 Sun and 19 today Mon. Had a bit of a blow out at 18L, topped up to 23L on Sun.

I am wondering if the increase in the temp would have done any damage?

Also I forgot to take an OG. Could somebody let me know what Paul\u2019s 2 can stout\u2019s OG should be at 23 L and what to expect the FG to be?

Thanks

Warren

Archived