Coopers Community

Christmas Quaffer - What would be best?

Scottie

After realising last night that I have no drinkable stubbies for Xmas celebrations I decided that I need to get a brew down really quick. I got my daughter to pick me up a can of Coopers APA from BigW, for me Pale Ale never fails.

Now I am thinking of an Ashes Ale variant, the original recipe was a mid strength. I will be going with Ella hops (Aussie) and EKG (Pommy).

I will have to use 1768 (Pommy) rinsed from the trub, as I don't have time to order and wait for CB ordered yeast.

My question to the brewing bretheren is if you want a brew to drink at Xmas, after 2 weeks in the FV,would you go with

500g of Coopes LDM or

1kg Maris Otter

[unsure]

After realising last night that I have no drinkable stubbies for Xmas celebrations I decided that I need to get a brew down really quick. I got my daughter to pick me up a can of Coopers APA from BigW, for me Pale Ale never fails.

Now I am thinking of an Ashes Ale variant, the original recipe was a mid strength. I will be going with Ella hops (Aussie) and EKG (Pommy).

I will have to use 1768 (Pommy) rinsed from the trub, as I don't have time to order and wait for CB ordered yeast.

My question to the brewing bretheren is if you want a brew to drink at Xmas, after 2 weeks in the FV,would you go with

500g of Coopes LDM or

1kg Maris Otter

[unsure]

Scottie, how about doing a TC European lager? Make it with 500gm DME and 250gm dex. Then dry hop with whatever takes your fancy.

Its a nice drop after 2 weeks in the bottle and aging doesn't make a lot of difference. This is fast becoming one of my favorite TC kits.

It will be ready well before xmas

1kg Marris Otter [rightful]

I think grain brews come to hand more quickly (I may be imagining that though) and also I think it would taste better.

I am glad you said that Hairy; I have both on hand, however I really want to mash.

Scottie, how about doing a TC European lager? Make it with 500gm DME and 250gm dex. Then dry hop with whatever takes your fancy.

Its a nice drop after 2 weeks in the bottle and aging doesn't make a lot of difference. This is fast becoming one of my favorite TC kits.

It will be ready well before xmas

I have 6 stubbies of Munich Helles that are based on the TC Euro kit, conditioning at the moment. Only thing is that after 9 weeks lagering I'm afraid they won't carb up. I should have seeded them with the kit yeast, but I wasn't really thinking at the time.

Archived