Coopers Community

IPA Kit - Partial Mash

Hairy

As requested by Scottie, this is the recipe of a partial mash Coopers IPA I made some time ago. I still have fond memories of this one.

1.7kg Coopers IPA

2.3kg JW Ale malt

200g Torrified wheat

200g Victory malt

100g Light Crystal

10g Motueka (7.5% AA) @ 20 minutes

15g Motueka @ 10 minutes

15g Motueka @ 5 minutes

20g Motueka - Dry Hop

20 litres

US-05 yeast

Mash at 66 degrees

This was my first brew with Motueka and I have loved it ever since. I went easy with it because it was first up but you could hop it up some more.

Thanks Hairy

I am planning the IPA from the "partial mash techniques and recipe" link that you supplied earlier. I will do this one as well the last time I used Victory Malt I couldn't really pick it. Having said that I've only been able to detect three of the spec malts that I have used, Choc, Roasted Barley (anyone could detect these) and crystal.

It never stops getting exciting [w00t]

You will note that the grain bill is pretty much straight from the link I gave, apart from the Victory Malt. I was just going through a Victory malt phase and threw it in.

So I really only changed the hop schedule. It was a nice beer though [love]

Thanks Hairy

I am planning the IPA from the "partial mash techniques and recipe" link that you supplied earlier. I will do this one as well the last time I used Victory Malt I couldn't really pick it. Having said that I've only been able to detect three of the spec malts that I have used, Choc, Roasted Barley (anyone could detect these) and crystal.

It never stops getting exciting [w00t]

Try some Caraaroma Scottie, you can taste that stuff from two streets away.

Archived