0.15 kg Chocolate Malt

0.10 kg Roasted Barley

3.00 kg Pale Liquid Extract

30.00 g Fuggles [5.60 %] - Boil 75.0 min 15.2 IBUs

40.00 g Goldings, East Kent [5.20 %] - Boil 60.0 min 18.0 IBUs

10.00 g Fuggles [5.60 %] - Boil 20.0 min 2.9 IBUs

0.30 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 10.0 mins) Fining 10 -

20.00 g Goldings, East Kent [5.20 %] - Boil 10.0 min 3.3 IBUs

1.0 pkg SafAle English Ale (DCL/Fermentis #S-04)

500.00 g Toasted Coconut (Primary 5.0 days)

2.00 Items Vanilla Bean (Primary 6.0 days)

1.25 kg Light Dry Extract (15.8 EBC)

26L

Looks good! Glad you're happy with it too, and no coffee flavours coming through?

My recipe was just a total stab in the dark experiment but I was quite pleased at how it turned out so I'll probably make it again when ale season comes around again. Glad it helped you along with this one of yours too. [joyful]

Looks good! Glad you're happy with it too, and no coffee flavours coming through?

My recipe was just a total stab in the dark experiment but I was quite pleased at how it turned out so I'll probably make it again when ale season comes around again. Glad it helped you along with this one of yours too. [joyful]

Yea I am pleased with it. The carbonation level and hops make it a bit sharp at only 4 days in the bottle. I know it will come together in a month or so, but very impressed with it being drinkable so early. I think adding the oats and controlling the mash temp/ph in an AG version will get that smoothness I am after.

The IPA I made following BrockOhopters recipe is tasting ok too, even kept a small white head until the bottom of the glass and that was 5 days in the bottle :| However I understand now how Galaxy can be over powering. Will see how it all settles though before changing up the recipe.

So I have learnt 2 things.

1 - brewing other peoples proven recipes is a fantastic idea.

2 - Just going from kits+bits to full extract has given me great results. Pushing me to AG as my only option. Not fighting the base kit and what it is hopped with.

Archived