Coopers Community

Back to basics

IzacF

Well after my recent scare of making a totally bad batch ive gone back to basicsd. I put down a Real Ale with LDM which ill dry hop around day 4 with cascade/ amarillo. Dont know what i did with the diaster batch but im scrubbing gear and making sure i get things right again...... i guess i need a bit of a disaster to make up my standards abit.

The wake up call [rightful]

I've been there. You can get sloppy after a while and an incident like that can make you re-focus. I have been very careful ever since I had an infection 2 years ago.

Mmm... I am about to tip 24 litres of what was meant to be a Munich Helles down the sink because of an infection. [crying]

Pretty sure something infected the yeast starter, but for some reason didn't actually appear visible until after I'd pitched it into the wort[pinched] There's a photo of the offending crap in my German Lager thread.

Mmm... I am about to tip 24 litres of what was meant to be a Munich Helles down the sink because of an infection. [crying]

Pretty sure something infected the yeast starter, but for some reason didn't actually appear visible until after I'd pitched it into the wort[pinched] There's a photo of the offending crap in my German Lager thread.

yes its weird i looked at the bottles today and the trub in bottom of bottle looks thicker but if i tip bottle you can see it swirl round etc....strange....i poured a beer for father in law and it was darker than it should have been but seemed ok then i poured my beer next...was like it was just made..so thick i couldnt see through it...weird stuff

The wake up call [rightful]

I've been there. You can get sloppy after a while and an incident like that can make you re-focus. I have been very careful ever since I had an infection 2 years ago.

yes hairy i think it is a wake up call...i was getting abit slack on it....see how all goes from now

Did it have a funny taste as well?? I'm gonna have a taste of mine from the FV later after I get home from work just to confirm it's infected before tipping it but going by that pile of muck I fished out the other day I'd say it is.

I thought it tasted abit funny but to be fair ive been undegoing treatment on throat so hard for me to say fairly....father in law 84 yrs of age so not sure how his tastebuds are but he says it was ok ?????

Archived