Coopers Community

TCPS Sparkling Ale dry hop ? Also thinking of trying a Mango Beer...

Hi everybody , haven't posted in a while , been brewing / working. Hope everyone had a good festive season & didn't get too blown away by a storm or flood or fire. [annoyed]

Recently brewed a Munton's Yorkshire Bitter two can dealy & 2 people actually from Yorkshire said it was nice , which was nice. [biggrin]

Currently brewing a Thomas Cooper's Premium Selection Sparkling Ale with 1kg of BC Ultra Brew (Malt,Dextrose,Corn Syrup)& I'm open to suggestions on dry hopping , if anyone's got any ideas.

I have some Super Alpha , Motueka , Northern Brewer , Perle , Hallertau / Hersbrucker .

Its mango season here & I have heaps o fresh mango from the big tree in the yard , was thinking of doing a beer with some Caramunich,Crystal,liquid Amber,500g - 1kg Mango puree (mixed into the wort), Fermentis S23 or a Wyeast Saison maybe ? , filled to 23 ltrs. I posted what hops I have above already.

Like I said , open to any suggestions , even if you think its wrong or not to style let me know.

My preference would be to hop the sparkling ale with Moteuka, but thats because I love Moteuka [love]

As for the mango, perhaps a wheat beer. I have been thinking about doing a mango wheat for a while but other brews keep getting in the way.

I think the difference is whether it is a High Fructose Corn Syrup or a High Maltose Corn Syrup.

I haven't done any chemistry since the late 80's and even then I didn't understand it. I think I may need a refresher course [crying]

yeh I'm good with pattern reognition but some basic maths escapes me sometimes [pinched]

Thanks for all the great replies , I've got a 30g bag of Motueka (B Saaz 7.9 AAU) in the FV now , smells pretty good actually [biggrin]

The dry powder , mocha colored bag of Ultra Brew from Brewer's Choice didn't break down the percentages of Malt,Dextrose & Corn Syrup. It just said Malt,Dextrose,Corn Syrup on the label , sorry I couldn't give you more info .

Always a pleasure to chat with you guys , thnx [lol]

• 4 weeks later...
Time passed & it was good [biggrin]

MOTUEKA IS CHOICE BRO ![love]

Ha ha. I agree 107%. I actually made an IPA with Moteuka and called it "Choice Bro IPA".

I'm glad it worked out. I am planning on using a heap of Moteuka on the weekend [love]

Haha nice name for the beer Hairy! If you gave it to someone from Motueka (top of the South Island in NZ), their response would likely be something just like 'that's choice as bro'. [lol] I'm certainly a fan of it, and it seems to go really well in an NZ IPA with Nelson Sauvin, Pacific Jade, and Pacifica.

Archived