Coopers Community

sort of a busy day

As i said in another post i bottled the famous Yobster Ale today, then i put a swiller in to try to catch up for when i get home...it was just a Coopers Draught with just 800gm dextrose and nothing else....i must say i was thinking of dry hopping with 15 gm cascade...i was gunna put in the other APA i put down 2 days ago...i steeped 15g of cascade in that one and was gunna dry hop with these hops i had left...any ideas...would it be better to use the hops on the APA and just be happy to have a better temp controlled Draught on the go?...getting tricky this brewing stuff lol. im actually just using the gear i have round the place....i was a committed K&K man but it looks like K&B now lol, cheers ned

As i said in another post i bottled the famous Yobster Ale today' date=' then i put a swiller in to try to catch up for when i get home...it was just a Coopers Draught with just 800gm dextrose and nothing else....i must say i was thinking of dry hopping with 15 gm cascade...i was gunna put in the other APA i put down 2 days ago...i steeped 15g of cascade in that one and was gunna dry hop with these hops i had left...any ideas...would it be better to use the hops on the APA and just be happy to have a better temp controlled Draught on the go?...getting tricky this brewing stuff lol. im actually just using the gear i have round the place....i was a committed K&K man but it looks like K&B now lol, cheers ned[/quote']

You cant go wrong either way Ned, APA, Draught and cascade are all winners anyway.

If it were me, i'd throw it in the draught and leave the APA as is, but only because APA is close to perfection anyway IMO

As i said in another post i bottled the famous Yobster Ale today' date=' then i put a swiller in to try to catch up for when i get home...it was just a Coopers Draught with just 800gm dextrose and nothing else....i must say i was thinking of dry hopping with 15 gm cascade...i was gunna put in the other APA i put down 2 days ago...i steeped 15g of cascade in that one and was gunna dry hop with these hops i had left...any ideas...would it be better to use the hops on the APA and just be happy to have a better temp controlled Draught on the go?...getting tricky this brewing stuff lol. im actually just using the gear i have round the place....i was a committed K&K man but it looks like K&B now lol, cheers ned[/quote']

You cant go wrong either way Ned, APA, Draught and cascade are all winners anyway.

If it were me, i'd throw it in the draught and leave the APA as is, but only because APA is close to perfection anyway IMO

Thanks Nick i was thinking the same thing...just to see what those hops do for the draught ive made so many of over the years but ill bet this draught will be a special...i will dry hop it when the krausen dies down abit in day 4 or 5 i reckon

cheers buddy...you stay safe up there man ok?

Cheers Ned, its quietened down a bit, but i have a hell of a clean up tomorrow. Lucky its a holiday!!

I've used Cascade with some pretty ordinary kits and they have turned out so good. i have just dry hopped a draught with some Halletau..never used it before, but you never know unless you have a go[lol]

Cheers Ned, its quietened down a bit, but i have a hell of a clean up tomorrow. Lucky its a holiday!!

I've used Cascade with some pretty ordinary kits and they have turned out so good. i have just dry hopped a draught with some Halletau..never used it before, but you never know unless you have a go[lol]

i saw some halletau at the homebrew shop...he only has a few hops down here...mostly copper tun stuff....i know they arent like the fresh buy stuff but better than nothing i reckon. Yob gave me a great link on ebay to get some hops...Kelseys link was unreal but i doubt id use that much but heck it was cheap........yes the weather is all over the joint but it is australia and it is our whacky summer.....let me know how the ginger beer goes...id like to make swmbo some...all this brewing and nothing for her lol

she doesnt like beer but she would lover the ginger beer for sure

I don't use a whole lot, although since I make up my own recipes I have to account for bittering as well as the flavouring/aroma hops. That's why I ordered Magnum, it's a high alpha acid hop so I don't have to use very much of it for bittering compared to a low AA hop like EKG or Fuggles. I just keep mine in the freezer. I am going on eBay tomorrow though to get a vacuum sealer so when I open one of the sealed bags I can transfer it in smaller amounts (probably 50g each) into sealed bags to keep them fresh longer.

I never thought I'd be doing this all grain brewing ever, let alone after only 10 months after getting back into brewing again. [lol] Like you say, never say never. [wink]

As already stated couldn't really go wrong with the cascade!!! Fantastic hop and when combined with Amarillo [love]

I had a good day yesterday brew wise - cleaned up after the wind and rain of the last week sanitised the shit out of everything and put down a basic Wheat Beer and a Belgian Dark Ale in the one afternoon..... I guess that is the benefit of K+B - it can be done quickly [cool]

Archived