Coopers Community

Little Creatures Pale Ale

charlierose

I am a big AFL Dream Team nut and have gotten my Father in Law hooked too. So the last 6 years we compete against eachother for a carton of beer. The good thing is that we are both homebrew newbies so changed the prize to a boutique kit for the LHBS.

As I won this year I was going to get him to get me a Fat Yak Pale, but the bloke got served before me purchased the last one. Anyway to the point, I got a LCPA. I made this on fathers day and by golly does is smell like a great beer

The kit included:

1 x Black Rock East India Pale Ale can

1kg of brewsugar #10 (75% Dextrose and (25%LDM)

15g of Goldings finishing hops

Safale 4 yeast

It has been sitting at 18-20* when I checked it the last couple of nights and looks to be doing the business.

Really looking forward to tasting this and will post some pictures when I take a reading later in the week.

Cheers.

Corey

I was thinking the same. However I am not sure what hops are in the Black Rock can. Either way the EKG is out of place. The LCPA now uses Cascade and Galaxy. When I made mine the LHBS didn't stock Galaxy so I used Citra and Cascade, obviously with a Coopers can [rightful] . The result was very close [love] and a link to my recipe is below in my signature.

It will be good to hear how yours turns out Corey.

I love it too [love]

I hadn't had one for ages so I bought a couple of 6 packs for a weekend away. It rekindled my love affair (with the beer not the wife [biggrin] ).

But then I had one on tap last week at a 'trendy' pub in the Sydney CBD. It tasted pretty average, but it was also served at below freezing temerature so I really couldn't taste anything.

Corey, just out of interest, how much does your LHBS charge for those kits/packages?

Sorry all. I got confused when I was writing this. I went in to the store to get a LCPA and they had none in that store so I went with the Mountain Goat PA.

I had a little taste last night and I think it is going to be a pearler [biggrin]

I am pretty sure it was $42. But as I didn't pay I wasn't really looking at the price.

Archived